Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pre 1940s (non-Stetson) Westerns

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
G.W. Alexander & Co. Western sold in Lompoc, CA.
IMG_1522.jpg

IMG_1524.jpg

IMG_1525.jpg

IMG_1526.jpg

IMG_1527.jpg

IMG_1529.jpg

randooch

I'll Lock Up

The stitching here calls to mind a tendency in early 1900's painting, where the artist would arrange lines on alternating planes, perhaps to draw ones' eye unwillingly away from the ZOWIE! and train it on the less obvious, but equally important, details.

In other words, Cool Hat!

No idea how old. By the type and design on the sweatband I would say it was a 1920s sweatband. It is a replacement. So, maybe early-ish 1900s on this one? maybe older? No way to know, probably. A guy actually drove round the block so he could shout some more abuse at me from his car window when I was wearing this on the way to the tube this morning.

Sweatband replaced by the Santa Fe Electric Laundry. "First in Everything".

ElectricLaundryWestern1.jpg

ElectricLaundryWestern2.jpg

ElectricLaundryWestern3.jpg

bk

Abuse? How come? It's a great hat. I remember seeing another photo last year of the Santa Fe Electric Laundry logo. I would hazard a guess that the sweatband is later than 1920.

Early hats from Cheyenne, Wyoming

4.jpg

Both hats arrived with Montana crease. I steamed and opened the crown in the one that fits me.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

Seller described these as unsold inventory from a store that closed in 1910.

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

Thanks for the comments!

Perry, I assume you mean the Recherche? Normal felt body... the bottom of the brim is fully lined in brown silk satin which continues around to create an 1/8" binding at the brim edge.

seabass

Call Me a Cab
Alan,
the sunbeam shot,,,,,,Pure art !
just beautiful the way the silk weave blends in ........
saved to favorites ! both Hat & Pic.

Garrett

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Great stuff. Interesting to see the designs and features they were experimenting with back then. Josh is gonna go nuts over these!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112