Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pre- 1940s Stetson dress hats.

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
It's interesting, isn't it. J. B. Stetson 13 Star Quality? I wonder what that's about. Aren't there 13 stars, leaves, arrows etc on the back of the dollar bill?

9920295b.jpg

rlk

I'll Lock Up
On June 14, 1777, the Marine Committee of the Second Continental Congress passed the Flag Resolution which stated: "Resolved, that the flag of the United States be thirteen stripes, alternate red and white; that the union be thirteen stars, white in a blue field, representing a new Constellation."[64] Flag Day is now observed on June 14 of each year.

Stetson Select Quality Homburg

Nice moldable felt with flexible brim... much softer overall than the post war St. Regis.
Color in the first three exterior photos is most accurate.
Later 20s to 1930?

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

Visit this thread to see its company by sweatband lot number

10.jpg

Last edited:

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up

Look at that! It seriously doesn't get any better than that. The crown shape is just perfect and I absolutely love how the crown squares up so beautifully with a center dent. The color is far nicer than the auction photos and the combination of felt color and ribbon color is just superb. The auction photos made the sweatband color appear almost like a honey, but it appears in real life, the sweatband color is that beautiful dark Stetson cherry color. Fantastic!! Alan, this hat is seriously one of my favorites from your collection and with all the incredible hats in your collection, that's saying a lot. Enjoy it! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Thank you Josh and Manfred. Unfortunately the iPhone tends to over process subtle tones and detail - the felt color, sweatband and the copper colored little bow are really much nicer seen in person. They just don't make 'em like the used to... as we well know. :)

splintercellsz

I'll Lock Up
1930s - 1940s? Stetson Special.

This hat feels AMAZING! It is SUPER soft, can take any bash with EASE! I will probally steam it, to make it hold, but dry-bashing is not a problem. The brim even snaps into place.

I will try to take daylight photos, as these don't do the hat justice!

00315.jpg

00416.jpg

03113.jpg

01112.jpg

01913.jpg

02011.jpg

02214.jpg

02510.jpg

02711.jpg

00915.jpg

winter_joe

A-List Customer
Got this big (24" circumference!) ole Stetson in today. For having a thicker felt its still very lightweight. A Standard Quality Feather Weight. Very light and floppy with a super soft velour-like hand. Maybe a steam will activate some stiffener. The sweatband has a very strange texture and is that odd grey color. Was glad to see no moths have attacked it.

Barth's note:
Victor Barth Clothing/Bingham’s

Moses Barth moved his business to Columbia in 1865 after his general store in Rocheport was burned down by Civil War guerillas. His nephews, Victor and Joseph, took over the store in 1868, and Victor bought out his brother in 1906. Cousins Joseph and Isadore Barth (founder of the Round Table Club) built a new building on the same corner in 1910 and named it after Victor, who died the previous year. Longtime employee Joseph Hourigan took a half interest in the business after Victor died and full interest after Joseph died. Barth’s closed in 1987, and Bingham’s took its place.

B

feather_1.jpg

feather_2.jpg

feather_3.jpg

feather_5.jpg

feather_6.jpg

feather_7.jpg

feather_8.jpg

feather_9.jpg

feather_10.jpg

feather_11.jpg
Hopefully you haven't sold yet but in case you didn't and you ever feel like parting with it I'd buy it off you in a heartbeat sir!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana