Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Preferred t-shirt model/brand under jacket

tweedydon

Call Me a Cab
I'm surprised nobody's mentioned striped sailor shirts for wearing under leather jackets. It's a traditional biker look going back to the '60's: you see it a lot in old biker movies. Armor-lux are my favorites, but St. James are also nice if you get the full-sleeve ones. Also, there are a couple of shops on Etsy that sell Russian military clothing and have them for about $15.00. These are close fitting and would be perfect for wearing under a sweater while bike riding. They look great under a denim shirt as well.

Could you point me to the Etsy stores, please? Thanks!

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I also actually prefer 3 or 4 button Henley’s (long and short sleeve) over standard Ts these days.

I have a variety in long and short sleeve but my favourites are from Gustin and recommend them if you can stand the wait.

Bigbenbs

A-List Customer
If this is the style you are looking for (shorter body, sleeves, and wide collar) then you should try Big Hop. I have been wearing this particular shirt for more than a year, and it has been machine washed and dried at least 30 times. It fits exactly the way it did the first time I put it on, and the price is reasonable.
Can I get a link?

red devil

Yes and no. It strikes me that one should spend the most on clothing items that one wears the most often. My top quality tuxedo was a complete waste of money and, in retrospect, I should have purchased something far less stellar. In contrast, my top quality sneakers are great investments because I wear them often.

Well the Tuxedo is a bit of a special case, these are used for "special occasions", so most people will spend inordinate amounts of money just for these few occasions (sometimes only one time). I certainly agree with you on the fact that too often too much money gets spent on these types of clothes. This also applies to the whole outfit, so dress shoes included as well as all relevant accessories.

I guess people prefer to spend more on the special occasion over the day to day. It takes quite a bit of experience and thinking to overcome this instinct.

Edward

Bartender
Russian paratrooper/naval striped vests are sold on Amazon. Buy a size up- they are underclothes.

Yip, I love them for that purpose, but you do need to go a size up if you want to wear them over anything.

Nice range of stripes available - black, navy, sky blue, red or green.... all correspond to different branches of the Russian armed forces.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
If you wanted the ultimate T-shirt, I'm afraid that you have just missed the boat:

Burberry's £290 T-shirts sell out in under 24 hours: Fashion house uses social media to sell limited edition range.

Burberry has shrugged off fears of a slowdown in China after selling out of a range of £290 T-shirts in the country within hours.

The items, with a logo based on the interlocking initials of founder Thomas Burberry, were on sale through social media apps for 24 hours in South Korea, the UK, Japan and China.

They proved massively popular with celebrities and shoppers – and sold out within four hours in China.
https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money...rrys-290-T-shirts-sell-24-hours.html#comments
tb t.jpg

Check out the link and read some of the comments.

Bigbenbs

A-List Customer
If you wanted the ultimate T-shirt, I'm afraid that you have just missed the boat:

Burberry's £290 T-shirts sell out in under 24 hours: Fashion house uses social media to sell limited edition range.

Burberry has shrugged off fears of a slowdown in China after selling out of a range of £290 T-shirts in the country within hours.

The items, with a logo based on the interlocking initials of founder Thomas Burberry, were on sale through social media apps for 24 hours in South Korea, the UK, Japan and China.

They proved massively popular with celebrities and shoppers – and sold out within four hours in China.
https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money...rrys-290-T-shirts-sell-24-hours.html#comments
View attachment 143787
#trickedbybusines

red devil

View attachment 143787

No comment...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto