Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Prince Charles' Style: Like or Dis-Like?

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Richard Warren said:
Lokar, you are precisely correct. I am commenting on the man's character, while admitting that what I think of it comes solely from press accounts to which I have not paid much attention and from my own impressions of his demeanor (largely if not entirely from pictures in this tread). That is to say, I admit to drawing conclusions of his character from his appearance, and the impression I get is one of vanity. One might also infer that one in his position very rarely receives frank and honest assessment of his attributes from those around him, and my own experience is that vanity follows wealth and/or power.

You've made your point (and a bit more besides) so how about leaving it at that?

This thread was asking members whether they liked the Prince of Wales' style not whether you dislike the fellow's character. There are many international members here and for some there is the very real possibility that this man may be their next king. If you come from a country without a monarchy (which I presume you do) you may not understand this but for some of those members your comments are disrespectful and quite frankly rude. I also believe they are not in keeping with the spirit of the Lounge.

By all means comment on the man's clothes but leave the personal digs for when you are in private company.

metropd

One Too Many
Smithy said:
You've made your point (and a bit more besides) so how about leaving it at that?

This thread was asking members whether they liked the Prince of Wales' style not whether you dislike the fellow's character. There are many international members here and for some there is the very real possibility that this man may be their next king. If you come from a country without a monarchy (which I presume you do) you may not understand this but for some of those members your comments are disrespectful and quite frankly rude. I also believe they are not in keeping with the spirit of the Lounge.

By all means comment on the man's clothes but leave the personal digs for when you are in private company.

+1,000

Feraud

Bartender
Well said Smithy.

While opinions were asked about the prince's style we won't let that be a preface for attacks on his character. Particularly opinions expressed by those who admit gleaming their information from half noticed press accounts, a few photos, and an overall disinterest in the prince.

Viola

Call Me a Cab
I talk about characters I dislike on FL all the time. Scarlett O'Hara for one. ;)

Anyway, gray. Some say boring but I love a good gray. Don't love navy blazers though and I have TRIED.

Edward

Bartender
Richard Warren said:
That is to say, I admit to drawing conclusions of his character from his appearance, and the impression I get is one of vanity.

Might one suggest that this is a conclusion that could be drawn from any of the photos of most Loungers that have been posted on this place? I'll freely admit I'm a vain old cat, and it certainly shows in 99.9% of photos of me!

Miss Neecerie said:
Would you rather the Daily Mail? :D

;) lol

Feraud said:
While opinions were asked about the prince's style we won't let that be a preface for attacks on his character.

Perchance I am wrong, but I had formed the opinion that that was half the purposes of the thread at least.... lol

I stand by my earlier comment that he's a paradigm of 'damned if he does, damned if he doesn't'. For all the criticism he gets for being "too conservatively dressed", undoubtedly there'd be a whole lot more were he to try anything flamboyant.... not unlike much of the criticism levelled at both Bush Jnr and Obama with rspect to their casual wear. To be quite frank, I'd rather see a stuffy old man dressed as such than wearing what some focus group had decided might impress "the kids".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo