Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Prison Blues Denim

Pera.T

One of the Regulars
'Prison Blues' jeans, where is everyone ordering these from? I've been meaning to get some of these for a while, but the Prison Blues website (www.prisonblues.com) now re-directs to a wholesaler. I've checked out the links on the wholesale website, but most of them don't ship overseas, or they don't reply to my emails. Google searches bring up dodgy looking websites and vendors wanting 3x the rrp!

Surely someone has ordered a pair of these from somewhere recently?

Pera.T

One of the Regulars
My brother told me that you should go to http://www.rockabilly-rules.com/index.html (rumble 59 site) According to him they do ship the PB jeans.
Thanks for that Kabel, I didn't know they sold them there. Has your brother tried any of their other jeans? They have some very nice stuff!

Try Cowlitz River Rigging, they ship overseas and the price is reasonable. I got me a pair last week and they are excellent, well made heavy duty jeans.
Thank you Nigel, that's what I'm looking for. Great price too! I owe you one ;)
Are they the same colour as in the picture? Now I just need to make sense of all the shipping options.

Last edited:

Pera.T

One of the Regulars
Yes he has, and they're very good aswell if I am correct to assume that you are referring to the rumble59 jeans?
Yes the Rumble59 line! I was planning on trying a pair or two when I get some spare coin, glad to hear they come recommended!

Atticus Finch

Call Me a Cab
I'm sold! I really want one of their western jackets but I'm not sure what size to order. I understand that their rinsed jackets are pre-shrunk, but I still don't know how their sizing runs. I wear a size 46/48 regular sports coat and a size XL Levis jeans jacket. Does anyone here know if the Prison Blues western jacket is sized similarly to the Levis jacket?

AF

Jan

One of the Regulars
Yes the Rumble59 line! I was planning on trying a pair or two when I get some spare coin, glad to hear they come recommended!

They are great people. It's been a while since I've contacted Marieke. Definitely check them out, they've got excellent customer service.

luke

New in Town
Hi,

A quick question - am I right in assuming that Prison Blue Jeans are "unshrunk"? If so, has anybody got an idea how much they do shrink, if say left in a bath of cold water for a few hours?

Have tried on a pair (34w) at a local shop where I live. They kind of fit my waist (maybe slightly a bit big) but are pretty damn baggy everywhere else! I cant try the next sizes down because it's only a small shop and they have a very limited supply.

Will prob try and find another supplier somewhere not to far away so I can try on some other sizes if I can.

Just wondered what peoples views were on this....

Cheers!

luke

Nigel

One of the Regulars
I haven't washed mine yet Luke but I was advised to buy one size up by the seller. I am a 34 waist but bought a 35 they are a bit on the large side, the legs are on the wide side. See the pic below for fit. Not me BTW:)
2.jpg

Edward

Bartender
You'll find them wide if you're used to contemporary slim fits. PBs are cut to an original 50s pattern. My experience was buy one size up, or two if you like to "need" a belt, or want the workjeans with the braces studs. Compare very favourably to everything i've ever owned in denim: just wish they did even wider and higher thirties and forties cuts!

luke

New in Town
Hi guys,

Thanks for getting back.

(This is the second time I'll write this as first message got wiped! :mad:)

Yes, they are definitely baggier around the leg than what I had hoped (I think I would prefer them straighter and "sharper"). I had also tried on a pair of 32 waists a little while back, which were less roomy around the leg and everywhere else. I was worried though that these may shrink too much if/when washed. I believe that they do them in 33 waists too - these may be "the ones"....!

I don't know too much about "denimology" (!?), but was looking for a nice hardwearing pair of 50s style jeans. Prison Blues seemed to compare quite favourably price-wise to other similar style jeans that I had heard of. Are there any others that might be worth taking a look at?

Thanks again guys,

luke.

seabass

Call Me a Cab
Hello
what about the rise ? thats more important are they high waisted? & which style or model # is this 50's cut
Thanks

apba1166

A-List Customer
Hi Luke, you can try Schaeffer Outfitters (discounted at some sites like Drysdales better than the Schaeffer site)...the regular ones, not the cowboy ones....higher rise...straight. 15oz. i like mine. I had to size down one. normally i would be 34/34....for these I am wearing 33/32 and they fit nice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo