Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Project Runway

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
YAY JEFFREY! My boyfriend and I actually hugged each other, we were so happy he won!

I didn't think "For nuts only" was crass. I thought it was an attempt at humor, which would have been cute had it not been so contrived.

BettyValentine

A-List Customer
Miss_Bella_Hell said:
YAY JEFFREY! My boyfriend and I actually hugged each other, we were so happy he won!

I didn't think "For nuts only" was crass. I thought it was an attempt at humor, which would have been cute had it not been so contrived.

Me too! My fiance is always like "How did you get me so involved with this show!?" But he was definitely rooting for Jeffrey too.

I think that Laura does her thing really well. She's an impecable dressmaker, and she really understands her own style. She also dresses beautifully and always looks very chic. (She's the best-dressed pregnant lady I've ever seen). But when she tries to step outside of her comfort zone, I think she winds up being tacky and vulgar, like with the naked breasts and the visible panties in her runway show. Also the absurd preponderance of feathers. I think the same thing happened with the "for nuts only" dress. I know she was attempting humor, but I thought it was just tacky and lowbrow. Also it was almost the physical embodiment of "trying too hard", which may be the cardinal fashion sin. It was too bad; the dress had a very cute silhouette and i would have liked it otherwise.

Really, I think she's just really good at what she does and should stick to that. Whenever she tries to be edgy or funny ... well ... it makes me think of watching a comedy duo when the straight man suddenly tells a fart joke. (Blah. Now I had to be crass to describe it).

But I do think her stuff is extremely saleable. There are a *lot* of conservative, upper-middle class women in the world, and they have parties to go to. I wouldn't be at all surprised if she became really successful designing her sparkly holiday cocktail dresses. (Sort of like how it was so perfect that Austin Scarlet became a designer of giant, elaborate princess wedding gowns).

BV - Oh I do so love this show! lol yay Jeffrey! :D

Rosie

One Too Many
I figured Jeffery would win. That striped dress of his, the one the model had on in the end, was ridiculously cute. I like Laura's dress and agree with BV, she does her thing well but can't really work well outside of her "thing" and that's fine. I think she'll be okay selling the types of clothes she makes.

Elaina

One Too Many
I so thought Uli won, even my husband tuned in for this one.

Uli and Laura were stuck on the same note they've been on all season. *yawn* Michael: I screamed at the TV "That's not aesthetically pleasing" in a bad Nina Garcia accent (and scared my cat). Jeffie had the best collection, but what the hell was he thinking about bubble shorts?! Angela anyone?

RedShoesGirl

One of the Regulars
BettyValentine said:
....(Oh my god, that house was HUGE! And it's in Manhattan ... I don't even want to imagine how much $$ Laura's got to have. While we were watching it my fiance suddenly paused the Tivo and went "Oh my god, look how many dress forms she has!!!" There were at least 4 Wolf forms in one shot. @_@ yeowza.) ...

with that house and all those kids (what was she thinking having 5-6 kids in today's overcrowded world) she made a comment about wanting to have enough money to start her own collection.

well, sell off the apartment, move some place cheaper, and voila, instant money.

i liked her clothes — those that i saw — because i stopped watching a few episodes ago when jeffry the jerk won the paris competition with a tablecloth. that dress was so busy you couldn't tell what part was what. i figured then he would win — once again we celebrate vulgarity of spirit and the nice folk get left behind, like kane.

rsg

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
what they were wearing

I thought it was kinda interesting that tho Jeffrey & Michael had made those great outfits for the JetSet challenge, both of them dressed shabbily for the Bryant Park runway.

It was a shame that the judges had Uli doubting herself so much that she was babbling about moving from Miami to NYC.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ayanda