Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

PSA: Bad Actors in Classifieds

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
You're going to have to explain this to me, I am responding to people responding to me. Shit, you tagged me twice by now with no real response. Am I not supposed to respond? Funny thing is nobody comments on the main argument I posted which is in post #89. Also I thought we were sharing Seinfeld memes

Surely its cant be because you're projecting and my responses actually struck a chord in you and thus demonstrating the hypocrisy of the sound board I just described and now it bothers you that someone outside the circle dares to disagree with the "kNoWn mEmBeRs
I think It is a nice turn of phrase, to say that something struck a chord in you. The more you post in this thread, the more I come to believe it. Of course it is natural to respond to others, that’s what we’re here to do right?
But all this talk of known members and gatekeepers and gestapo makes me wonder what you are doing here. Do you like us, do you like the lounge? If so, then act like it, be nice.

blobsterroll

One of the Regulars
He's definitely arguing just to argue.

The guy's just mad that he got called out for trying to flip a jacket at 2X the price he purchased it for outside of TFL. That chat he posted just proves he's not a good seller and folded, of course he would have sold at his 2X asking price if a buyer would've gone for it.
Oh so NOW its acceptable to do that? Of course I "folded", if I broke even on that jacket I wouldve been happy. I am just trying to get rid of it and make some money back, and what money I received for the jacket corroborates that story. But unlike you, I dont get all butthurt that he is trying to sell it for more and that someone else is making money. So who is arguing just to argue?

I think everyone is caught in an argument loop and that we are largely talking past each other.

@blobsterroll himself is facing a situation TFL is famous for helping to handle (a vendor is or was screwing him for something that wasn’t his fault) and unless I misread, a forum member offered to intervene directly with the store. He’s an established poster but I’ve seen this pattern play out over the years with complete newcomers too; as I mentioned in another thread, it’s the closest to a “service” we provide, and it helps keep the market healthy.
He did, and I appreciate him. and I owe him a beer. But I dont think that flipping jackets and sharing knowledge takes away from that good spirit. Its good when you and your friends make money. Its wild to me that people would disagree with this in the name of "camaraderie" and friendship. The self righteousness and hypocrisy is nauseating.

But all this talk of known members and gatekeepers and gestapo makes me wonder what you are doing here. Do you like us, do you like the lounge? If so, then act like it, be nice.
I am just calling it out as I see it, expressing an opinion, if you will. I do like some of you, I didnt think it was a requirement to like every member.

The more you post in this thread, the more I come to believe it. Of course it is natural to respond to others, that’s what we’re here to do right?
It is what we do here, or so I thought. But when I respond, it hit a chord right? Funny we are 6 pages in and you have not made this comment about others also responding and voicing opinions.

Last edited:
Reactions: jeo

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
It is what we do here, or so I thought. But when I respond, it hit a chord right? Funny we are 6 pages in and you have not made this comment about others also responding and voicing opinions.
That is true, and it is because I don’t see anybody else responding with the level of intensity and invective that you have brought to bear here.

Peacoat

Bartender
I think this has gone on long enough. I gave it plenty of time to play itself out, but I don't think that is the direction it is headed.

I'm going to temporarily close the thread to let everyone calm down. It appears everyone has had his say, several times over, so I'm not cutting off legitimate debate.

And don't start it up in another thread–see the rules–or I will give you a time out. You won't like that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner