Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pumpkin heads!!! 7 3/4 +7 7/8 hats coming...

markhassler

Familiar Face
Oh my dear lord ! What WAS I thinking !!?....the horror,the horror...now the tough part,deciding which to keep and which to let go....gonna be ready for Sunday,either way.....
HPIM0673.JPG
HPIM0674.JPG
HPIM0671.JPG
HPIM0672.JPG

I do! love writing checks. for rent, gas and car insurance...etc...
we are all into "oldschool" hats, why not?
trying to avoid online payments as much as i can :D
every household payment we make is either automatic withdrawal or ebanking. The only cheque we write is our church tithe as I feel the need to put something in the collection plate each Sunday. If it weren't for pizza coupons and realtor adverts we would get no mail at all as everything is online.

markhassler

Familiar Face
Pimple,I hear you,I' m 59 and I just got my first credit card ever, in my WHOLE life,...ever... always cash..( because of the pandemic,no work for 6 weeks and counting) and it tore me up inside.I used to go around bragging about how cool I was because I' d never had to resort to one and I never thought I'd be one of those "gullible douchebags" who uses their card for EVERYTHING.....aaaaaaaand now I is one.....shame on me...but there it is.

Last edited:
Pimple,I hear you,I' m 59 and I just got my first credit card ever, in my WHOLE life,...ever... always cash..( because of the pandemic,no work for 6 weeks and counting) and it tore me up inside.I used to go around bragging about how cool I was because I' d never had to resort to one and I never thought I'd be one of those "gullible douchebags" who uses their card for EVERYTHING.....aaaaaaaand now I is one.....shame on me...but there it is.

If you pay them off every month there isn’t much of a downside. I’ve taken a few nice trips on the miles I’ve earned too. “Interest: something a foolish man pays and a wise man earns.” The trick is to avoid debt, and what a trick it is.

Using a credit card for everything is a very good way to keep track of expenditures. As a retired guy we keep close track of all our expenditures and the credit card makes it easy as they send us a statement every month plus give us 2% cash back. Pay it off each month, no interest charges and free accounting.

Using a credit card for everything is a very good way to keep track of expenditures. As a retired guy we keep close track of all our expenditures and the credit card makes it easy as they send us a statement every month plus give us 2% cash back. Pay it off each month, no interest charges and free accounting.

Absolutely. As long as you have discipline and pay it off every month it’s a very convenient way to manage your money.

markhassler

Familiar Face
Deadlyhandsome Right?? Y'know ,when I worked in Texas I had to go into the courthouses all the time for work and they were all built in the 1800's out of granite( tornado proof) and I CONSTANTLYbanged my head into the lintle( top of doorway opening) because back then almost everyone was at best @ 5'6" or so ( I'm 6'2")......reputedly poor nutrition was the culprit because everyone was just scaping by....so it stands to reason.that heads were correspondingly smaller ....so yes, large hats were rare as they were made only in very limited runs ( even today,most makers make few if at all,as you have probably noticed)..market forces dictate....sucks to have a large melon....P.S. to Theshoe...you bulk out the sweatband and a slightly larger hat will fit..easier than trying to enlarge a hat...

The Shoe

One Too Many
Deadlyhandsome Right?? Y'know ,when I worked in Texas I had to go into the courthouses all the time for work and they were all built in the 1800's out of granite( tornado proof) and I CONSTANTLYbanged my head into the lintle( top of doorway opening) because back then almost everyone was at best @ 5'6" or so ( I'm 6'2")......reputedly poor nutrition was the culprit because everyone was just scaping by....so it stands to reason.that heads were correspondingly smaller ....so yes, large hats were rare as they were made only in very limited runs ( even today,most makers make few if at all,as you have probably noticed)..market forces dictate....sucks to have a large melon....P.S. to Theshoe...you bulk out the sweatband and a slightly larger hat will fit..easier than trying to enlarge a hat...
I’m actually 59 (7 3/8) but I’ve found 60 (7 1/2) a better fit with some hats - even within the same brand. So when I can’t try the hat on, I usually go for the bigger size. But going up another size or two would just be getting silly.
I’ll just watch and weep!

markhassler

Familiar Face
Alrighty then! Here is the preview....enjoy!!! P.S. the middle three pictures are of a hat blank that I got from a closed hatter in Colorado....Peters Bros. In Ft.Worth did the band ,the edge binding the sweatband the interior and it...was..AWESOME!!! They charged me 125 bucks but it was soooo worth it. If you are ever in Ft. Worth you have to go there....seriously, it is hat heaven...they have been in business since Christ was wearing a cowboy hat!! P.P.S No, it's not for sale!...Mark HPIM0678.JPG HPIM0679.JPG
HPIM0680.JPG
HPIM0681.JPG
HPIM0682.JPG
Alrighty then...heres the preview (w/ more to come).....enjoy!!..
HPIM0675.JPG
HPIM0676.JPG
HPIM0677.JPG
HPIM0678.JPG View attachment 230493

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner