Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Quadruple Pleated Back 1930s Sportcoat

Status
Not open for further replies.

herringbonekid

I'll Lock Up
ok, the book isn't the most realistic idea i've ever had (unless you can interest a publisher first).
this bit still holds though:

you need to move into new areas (away from the computer screen) where your hunger for uncovering new vintage clothing knowledge can be satisfied.

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
If you want my humble opnion: Please stay in The FL. I really value your knowledge and we know others do too.

But herringbonekid is right: Too much online time can spoil the fun because there won't be exciting post every other day. Maybe only reading once a month would do the trick. [huh]
I don't have better suggestions. Maybe learning japanese because their enthuasiasm for vintage seems really high. [huh] It's not even meant as a joke.

Mario

I'll Lock Up
Well, it seems that Marc has finally gone for good - and he took all his photos with him, too. As far as I can see it therer is not a single photo online anymore. I don't know what to say.

Except maybe that I'm really terribly sorry that some (If not most) of us are obviously such awfully slow learners...aw, I better cut it here.

S_M_Cumberworth

One of the Regulars
It's too bad that he left. He was a wonderful resource for everyone here, even those, like myself, who mostly lurk. It's better for him, though, if it's going to remove some frustration from his life.

I actually think it's a bigger shame that he removed all of his photos, since we can no longer reference his unparalleled vintage collection. But, eh, what can you do?

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
A bit late now it seems, but I was going to suggest to Marc that he divert his energies (since he appeared to be saying he needed to do that) into creating an online database of vintage clothing, accurately dated and fully supported by an effective keywording system, which would be fully searchable. Using his own vast knowledge, starting with photographs of his own collection, then moving on to photograph those of his friends/acquaintances he could have built up a vital archive for historians. To my knowledge, no such database exists (although the FL contains a vast amount of information). Even museum collections (or the elements that are openly visible) do not really reflect true fashions of the period.
Let's just hope that Marc has taken his photos down so that he can put them to good use elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko