Question about AVILTHR A2 jacket

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by Flightengineer, Nov 9, 2016.

1. Flightengineer

Flightengineer Practically Family

2. Technonut

Technonut Practically Family

I've noticed their A-2's on eBay... I'm a stickler for proper epaulet placement on my A-2's. AVI's are placed MUCH too far over the front for me to consider purchasing one. If it wasn't for that, it seems a nice enough jacket for the price.

EDIT: The epaulets do not look as bad in the pics from your link. The pic below is from AVI's eBay listing:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 9, 2016
  3. Flightengineer

You mean that the epaulets are too moved forward? They write on their website that were inspired by Bronco. I am a little confused by a very wide elastic bands on the cuffs (they seemed stretched initially). In the photo of course difficult to understand.

4. Technonut

Technonut Practically Family

In the pics from your link, the epaulet placement is not too bad. In the pic I posted from their eBay listing, WAY too far forward. The difference shows that it would be worth confirming which type you would get if one was purchased.

As for Bronco 'inspired'... As always, it's in the eyes of the maker. ;) Check out Good Wear's Bronco repro:

http://www.goodwearleather.com/pages/gwbronco_images6.html

Flightengineer likes this.
  5. Flightengineer

Agree, the difference is noticeable))))

6. rocketeer

rocketeer Call Me a Cab

There is always room for quality A2s in a competitive price range for those that simply can't afford to lay out £500+. Of course you may have to accept some detail concessions for a lower price but the knits on these look awful

7. Flightengineer

Yes. Knits even on my Cooper looks much better.