Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Questionable customer service at sm wholesale

Fadetoblack88

Familiar Face
Has anyone here had any experience dealing with Steve at SM Wholesale? I ask because in late December of 2017 around the 20th I ordered a custom made A-2. I paid up front in full and sent in my measurements as requested by the owner, Steve. Steve called me back a few days later with a sizing issue and after talking he says he will make a cloth mock up to send me before making the leather jacket to assure a correct fit. A couple weeks go by and the 16th of January I text him inquiring about my test a-2. He texts back on the 20th and says its ready and will ship the next day. I text him again on February 2nd and he says he didn't make it but will get right on it and send it by the 5th. Still no jacket by the 14th. So once I again I text him and he says the same thing, its not done so sorry I will send it out in 3 days time. Its the end of March and still no jacket. And now Steve isn't responding to my texts or emails. I've tried calling with no luck, the phone rings 3-4 times and goes to a voice mail box that's full up. Any suggestions?

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Just contact your bank and tell them you paid for it and you haven’t received it yet, they might ask for the emails. Either way it should just credited back into your account.

I’ve had this happen before and banks here at least want you confident and spending as much as possible using your C.C.

They simply take the money back out of his account. I think there is like a 12 week limit or similar so get on it ASAP.

Fadetoblack88

Familiar Face
Just contact your bank and tell them you paid for it and you haven’t received it yet, they might ask for the emails. Either way it should just credited back into your account.

I’ve had this happen before and banks here at least want you confident and spending as much as possible using your C.C.

They simply take the money back out of his account. I think there is like a 12 week limit or similar so get on it ASAP.
Its been just over 12 weeks. Maybe 14 now?

Fadetoblack88

Familiar Face

But I will call the bank Monday for sure. Its a shame though. I really wanted a good A-2.

Xopher

A-List Customer
That is really surprising and disappointing. When I ordered mine form him it said in stock, then two or three weeks later I called and he had said they were sold out and waiting on new ones, and I ended up getting mine a week later. It took slightly under a month for me and I wasnt bothered much by it when the jacket arrived but, 14 weeks with such poor communication is poor business Id say

Brettafett

One Too Many
that is very annoying... Why to just be honest and upfront if the jacket is going to take a few weeks? Or if theres a problem, let the customer know. Give them the option.
On principle Id get my money back.
I have had one of their A-2s, it was well made and nice enough, but even after laboriously corresponding over emails, it still arrived too big. Returned it (reviewed here 3 years, ago I think...)
Get an AVI LTHR Bronco. Cheaper, copied of an WW2 original jacket and in stock.

Fadetoblack88

Familiar Face
Well Steve finally got back me yesterday. He said he will start on my test jacket when he gets back from vacation next week! I called the bank and I'm just past the cut off date to dispute the purchase. I will either have to contact a customer protection agency or wait until the guy makes the jacket. The problem is that I'm a bigger guy and the only companies in the U.S. that would make me a jacket was US Authentic and SM. I've already had a usA and didn't much like it. But at this point the wait doesn't matter since spring has fully arrived and its too warm in Kansas for it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy