Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

questions about Panama Bob's Cuenca Caballero

KY_RudeBoy

Familiar Face
Panamabob said:
I think we go through this every year. USA blocking/flanging is the way to go on our hats for the perfect lid. On ebay hats, very little is done save for pulling the hat out of the box and checking the size. Keeps prices low and eBay, for us, allows us to attract those looking for non-high priced hats. You can buy a new Borsalino with the same weave, lots of stiffener, an overwelt, a nicer band, and pay $185.00 to $200.00.
I hope my comments didn't come across as complaints. Shaping a new hat is part of the fun for me and I'm very pleased with mine. I was just surprised and amused at what mine did when I put it on. As CRH said, a little water and steam allowed me to "tame" my Cuenca just fine. Now, if the weather would just warm back up to what it was the week I ordered mine, I'd be doubly happy. :)

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
I just got my Panama Bob Caballero. I am very happy with it, and with my dealings with P. Bob. He's a great guy to deal with. In fact, I told him I'm ready to order a second one in brown, when he has time.

IMG_5303.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran