Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rare and hard to find

gcollins

One of the Regulars
I'm not sure I get it. If Fedoralover is getting a nice 40s brim in sterling beaver for a great price from Steve, right on! I love it. Steve's a stand up guy and I totally support the man and his mission (as well as his attititude), and he will provide formidible competition with the hare-blend hats of Optimo that are sold as beaver-blends. The hat buyer will know the difference.

Fedoralover and I like many of the same hats, and it's always a joy to share hats with him. Just wish we wore the same size!

I'd enjoy seeing and feeling the difference between the Optimo black and my rock and roll sterling beaver. I only wear the finest hats I can find, but unfortunately do not have many vintage hats anymore. I am considering buying the optimo black so I can personally compare. Frankly, I don't give a squat about vendors or their reputations, I just want the most perfect hat at a great price and great service in getting me exactly what I want. I do not compromise, as my old pals here know.

Give me the best at a great price, and I am yours. So far, no hat has come close to the hat made by the banned Chalie Swindall of Gladhatter--perfect pouncing that does not taper easily, soft but firm, great craftsmanship. That's just fact, or more precisely my experience. I am sure Steve can do a very nice hat though I do not have one of his hats...yet. I'm looking forward to my first hat of his!

Regards,
G

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo