Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RARE unworn Bolero and Wide Pants set in sateen!

swinggal

One Too Many
Vintage early 40s rare unworn bolero and wide pants set in beautiful, shiny black sateen with amazing, colourful embroidery featuring flowers and butterflies. I have never come across a set like this in such mint condition before and it such a beauty! The bolero shirt ties under the bust and features a wide collar with embroidery, shoulder-pads and long bishop sleeves gathered to a cuff with two self-covered ball buttons and loops. The back of the bolero features gorgeous embroidery in a cross-shape with a butterfly towards the collar and the elbow area has flowers. So sweet!

il_fullxfull.415090364_ggnm.jpg

il_fullxfull.415090392_18uo.jpg

il_fullxfull.415093045_rrm6.jpg

The trousers are high waisted with a low rise and wide legged with a side opening with 3 snaps for closure. There are also 2 tags with large buttons for closure. One on the outside and one inside. There is embroidery around the waistband as a feature, 4 pleats at the front and 2 at the back. The wide legs are cuffed and embroidered towards the bottom of each leg at the front. Just the most beautiful set ever and both pieces could also be worn as separate items as well as a set.

* My SLR camera stopped working, so my apologies for these awful iphone shots

APPROX MEASUREMENTS (in inches)
Bolero:
Bust: worn closed to about a 34 adjustable up to 38 (worn more open)
Waist: free
Shoulder to shoulder: 16
Arm length: 25 (but arm cuff prevents drop)
Length: 13 1/2

Trousers:
Waist: 25
Hip: 32
Length: 40
Width at cuff: 16

CONDITION OF ITEM: Mint and unworn. I cannot find any flaws

More details here: https://www.etsy.com/listing/120244711/1940s-wide-pants-and-bolero-set-in1940

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21