Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rare Vintage Borsalino Homburg 7 1/8

Purplesage

One Too Many
Rare vintage black Borsalino Homburg. This is a beautiful classic hat from the 30s is my guess. The only issue is the sweatband is dry and brittle from age and is cracked in one spot and the stitching holding the sweatband has come loose. I was going to have the sweatband restitched or replaced but I figure the new owner can do that if they want. Other than the sweatband the hat is in great condition. The felt is in excellent shape all around with no moth holes or nibs. The crown liner is in great shape although showing it's age with the oil skin crown cover taking on a golden antique hue. Actually, I think that gives the hat some character. A very worthwhile investment for the small price of a sweatband. I am asking $130.00 shipped.

photo%20(24)_zps5c790e7e.jpg

photo%20(25)_zps7002bcf3.jpg

photo%20(34)_zps302bbfad.jpg

photo%20(33)_zpsc6c590f3.jpg

photo%20(32)_zps3736603a.jpg

photo%20(31)_zps5bd2dd36.jpg

photo%20(29)_zps08ba10cc.jpg

Last edited:

Purplesage

One Too Many
Bump $110 shipped. Just look at what they are asking for some Homburgs that are not near the same quality as this hat. I don't think I can go lower than this since I'm already in the red on this one. A great price for a vintage Borsolino. All is it needs is a new sweatband. A very collectable hat to add to your collection.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR