Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Re)Book-em Danno

Chasseur

Call Me a Cab
Yeah, its just really jarring when I hear clips and previews... In Raven they didn't have Lee Majors try to speak pidgin...

Lincsong

I'll Lock Up
I'm sure people at Rainbow Drive-In on Kapahulu are laughing at the sight and sound of such atrociousness. It's so boxed up and canned. Just get some local actors and have them talk naturally. Not some made up silliness.

cookie

I'll Lock Up
I must have watched every episode of it and loved it. Then I went to work for Qantas as a flight attendant and during my flying career we stayed at "de Ilikai" (The Ilikai) where of course you see Jack Lord famously posing on one of the "lanais" (balconies") in the opening shots of the episode. I have always loved Hono and went to the Ilikai for part of my honeymoon in 1986 25 years ago this month! Of course the Ala Moana Shopping Centre was a different place with a predominately older American clientele with mumus etc. This was later replaced wholesale by the Japanese invasion. Suddenly Hono went from Mom and Pop to Euro sophistication. Nevertheless you cannot change the weather and enchanting atmosphere. I remember hearing rap music for the first time at the Wave nightclub in Hono. Great place...mahalo for your kokua!

Chasseur

Call Me a Cab
Cookie thanks for the kind words about my hometown! It a pretty neat place in many ways, far from perfect, but it has some reall nice hidden gems if one is willing to see beyond the congestion of Waikiki. I give historical walking tours of the downtown area and people are always amazed at the architecture and history of the area, even locals who have lived here their whole lives. I love getting the, "Really? I walk by this building all the time and didn't know that..."

Harp

I'll Lock Up
Cookie thanks for the kind words about my hometown! It a pretty neat place in many ways, far from perfect, but it has some reall nice hidden gems if one is willing to see beyond the congestion of Waikiki.

I love Honolulu.
When I was a kid, I kept a room in Makiki Heights and tried to steer
clear of Waikiki, Hotel Street, MPs and the Shore Patrol. The town and Oahu;
especially Kaneohoe, offered elixir for the soul. :)

cookie

I'll Lock Up
Cookie thanks for the kind words about my hometown! It a pretty neat place in many ways, far from perfect, but it has some reall nice hidden gems if one is willing to see beyond the congestion of Waikiki. I give historical walking tours of the downtown area and people are always amazed at the architecture and history of the area, even locals who have lived here their whole lives. I love getting the, "Really? I walk by this building all the time and didn't know that..."

My great regret is never having been introduced to the downtown...Holiday St and the older Hawaiian buildings... Chass. Don't know why I didn't even go to Pearl Harbour but then I have cruised around a lot of the other places on the North Shore by car and "De Bus" as the local buslines are called. I do admit to having a cocktail or ten at the Eye on top of the Ilikai and at Bobby McGees and the crew bar atop the old Reef Hotel (75cents a cocktail and the tightwads would always grab the 25cents change from the dollar note!). My other favorite haunt was the boaties' pub downstairs near the Yacht Club across the road from the old Kaiser Permanente hospital.

Nowadays a big part of a visit would be a trip downtown to that Leather Soul shoe store...one of the best in America IMHO.

Watched the first episode in Aus of Five O. I enjoyed it as it was more of the modern crime genre without the stiff acting of all those dopes on the old series! Thought the reintorduce Danno name was a bit contrived and corny. Thinking back it was amazing what a career James MacArthur had. I remembered him as a kid acting in 1960s shows like Tarzan.

Negotiations were underway in summer 2010 for MacArthur to make a cameo appearance in the new CBS prime time remake of Hawaii Five-0 at the time of his death, a role that eventually was given to Al Harrington. On the November 1, 2010 episode, MacArthur's death was mentioned in a short tribute that played before the start of that episode.

[edit] DeathMacArthur died of natural causes on October 28, 2010, age 72, at the Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Florida. He was survived by his third wife, H. B. Duntz, and his four children and six grandchildren.[1] The episode Ho'apono from the 2010 version of Hawaii Five-0 was dedicated to MacArthur. [2]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_MacArthur

Last edited:

Lincsong

I'll Lock Up
This week's episode was just silly. OK, first two professional assasins trap a woman in a bathroom. They don't try to kick in an interior door, but break it apart with their arms. Then she escapes by jumping out the window. Then to make anyone roll over laughing out loud, when the assasins find her and Chinn Ho at a remote barn, just happens there's a barn with a tractor and motorcyle up in the mountains around Kahuku, Chinn Ho and the girl ride off on the dirt bike and the assasin gives chase in a 4X4. In a scene out of 30's cops and robbers film and True Grit, the assassin is off roading the 4X while at the same time firing his pistol out the window at Chinn and the woman.

Brian Sheridan

One Too Many
So how did that $10 million get back in the police station? Wo Fat?

I do believe that Wo Fat has replaced the money to get one up on 5-0. Mark Dacascos tweeted he was heading back to Hawaii. I asked him if he was playing a major part in the 5-0 finale. He tweeted back he couldn't answer that. LOL.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21