Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Re)Book-em Danno

Nathan Dodge

One Too Many
Before this past Monday's episode, the new Five-O put up this brief tribute to the late James MacArthur. I switched off the TV as the episode itself started, but I did see the tribute.

JimmyMacTribute.jpg

Paisley

I'll Lock Up

Argee

One of the Regulars
They have been talking about McGarretts Grandfather who died on the Arizona in the last 2 episodes. In this last one it was revealed that he was named Steve also. I have a gut feeling that we're going to have a flashback episode this year.

Paisley

I'll Lock Up
Total Wish Fulfillment Writing?

Let's count the ways:

Danno, who is a devoted father and totally blameless in the breakup of his marriage and whose ex is a shrew.
Hot chick who loves football, undresses in one episode and snogs Danno.
Another chick (Steve's sister) who announces she going to have lots of sex.

I paused, then forgot about, the last episode to watch more Death Note mashups.

Nathan Dodge

One Too Many
From watching Hawaii Five-Zero, one would think the only villains in this world are Russians and East Europeans. Everyone else is so good and pure, which is of course keeping in line with new Danno's "left wing mouthpiece" characterization. If the new show wants to "push the envelope" why not do an episode about a crazed Imam? Or an ex-Black Panther-type '60s radical blowing stuff up? Perhaps even a Hawaiian serial killer! How 'bout a former vigilante-turned Rabbi who comes out of retirement for one last civil rights violation? Oh wait, that last one might earn the vigilante a spot on the team...;)

Lincsong

I'll Lock Up
Good one Nathan. No bad Moslems in this show. What's up with the bad Slavics?? bhahhhahahahahaha

Anyway, I see that the Wo Fat character was introduced at the end of this week's episode.

Brian Sheridan

One Too Many
While I enjoy the show (setting aside the problems of a police force basically acting like fascists), if it were not for coincidences, they would never solve any cases. Every show it seems that it is by accident they are told something that helps them find the bad guys.

Lincsong

I'll Lock Up
If you noticed, in the original, Five-0's headquarters was in Iolani Palace. The new Five-O's headquarters is across the street in another historical building, Aliiolani Hale, the site of the Hawaii State Supreme Court.

Lincsong

I'll Lock Up
Did you catch Al Harrington last week? OMG, he looks terrible; a big fat, old man. Doesn't look a thing like he did in the original series or even when he was performing in Waikiki 15 years ago. Sad. No, pitiful. Way too much poi for that guy.

Last edited:

Chasseur

Call Me a Cab
Yeah they were always doing filming when I was driving by that building downtown... Not watched the show yet, just doesn't draw me in...

Chasseur

Call Me a Cab
I think the preview where I head Grace Park speak worse pidgin than I can manage (and I can't) probably turned me off. "... and... er.. ma wave... Brah...yeah" ;)

Last edited:

Lincsong

I'll Lock Up
That's really stupid that they have her do that. But then again the guys they have speaking pidgin speak it just as bad as her. It's as though they found some Punahou grads at an acting school and gave them some bit parts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner