Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Really universal winterjackets :-))

I tell you, now I finally know, that the purchase of my last cotton/poly-winterjacket with the Gabardine-shell was the right decision, although this new winterjacket wasn't really required to me! :)

I took a nice walkaround, ca. 8 kilometers, although it was really christmas-like snowing, but the shell of this jacket protected me very well. And it only got very very lighty soaked in!

So, with such water-repellent basic winterjackets, you got the really universal winterjacket.

You got the winterjacket for the real winter-weather with the deeper temperatures and no snowfall and on the other side, you got the water-repellent winterjacket for the "critical" temperature, between -2°C and +2°C, with snowfall, melting and rain.

So, go and get yourself such a nice winterjacket with a classic raincoat-like Gabardine-shell or any other kind of a water-repellent shell! :)

Mine is a storebrand-piece from the better quality-storebrand stuff. It got a shell of 60% cotton/40%polyester, which is really a robust and carefree tank of a shell. And of course, the polyester-part does the shell dry faster.

Of course, the classic Gabardine-shell is only lightly water-repellent on rain (if it's not microfibre!), what I can confirm from multi rainy days.
But on snowflakes, it's seemingly really great!! :) You don't need to think about the risk of soaking the shell in by the snowfall, underways. You can walk on, beeing relaxed.

Life's good.
Plus a usual polyacrylic-winter knitcap and waterproof (!) versatile walking-boots. :D

PS:
The twist on such (storebrand) "curiosities" is, that it got it's price. "Premium"-storebrand got of course "Premium"-storebrand prices. ;) But I think, it's worth. A real winterjacket with an unusal raincoat-shell. :D

BobJ

Practically Family
27901811fc.jpg

27901812mt.jpg

27901813rd.jpg

27901814jt.jpg

27901815cf.jpg

27901816xe.jpg

27901817ch.jpg

27901819sl.jpg

Of course I know, it's nothing very special. But it was just great, that the snowflakes didn't really soak into the shell, along the whole way, today. :)

Thanks for the pictures. It looks both tailored and rugged at the same time. I like that lining!

Doctor Damage

I'll Lock Up
Nice looking jacket. Although there's a certain amount of snob appeal in insisting on wearing only wool or cotton, or leather coats in classic cuts, but in reality modern fibres and insulating liners often perform much better in a range of weather. Wear it well, friend.

Yep, today was the perfect day for the Gabardine-"winterraincoatjacket". :D
Around -1°C on my walkaround, but no snowfall and just very very light rain, so that the water wasn't able to soak into the shell, along the whole way! :)

This purchase was definitely the right decision. A real winterraincoatjacket.

But, to be fair:
My old blue-grey basic cotton/poly-winterjacket is still a little more warming, because of the seemingly thicker winterpadding. The old was always sufficient warming, until down to -10°C. The new is probably sufficient until down to maximum -7°C. That's market-economy. ;)
And the old got bigger, roomier side-pockets and a more securing collar.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sirteen