Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Recasting " The Thin Man" Article

McMurdo

One of the Regulars
If that's the case, then Guy Pearce as Nick and Amy Adams as Nora. If they modernize it, I fear we'll end up with Ryan Gosling as Nick and Ellen Page as Nora. And a pit bull will play Asta.

I think thus far Guy Pearce and Amy Adams are the best choices for Nick and Nora, though it would be difficult at best to match the on screen chemistry of Powell and Loy.

Effingham

A-List Customer
Guy Pearce. I wouldn't have thought of him, but... dang. I could see that. I agree that I'd think of him more as a good villain guy, but then Bogie used to be a "good villain guy" until lightning struck. Depp isn't bad for that role, but the problem is, his "drunk and dissolute" act is already horribly over-exposed, as has been said.

I just wish they'd re-release the ORIGINALS to the theatres. I'd love to see it on the big screen, and it might get some newbies to go see something different. (Why don't they ever do something like that for just a week or so?)

m0nk

One Too Many
Guy Pearce. I wouldn't have thought of him, but... dang. I could see that. I agree that I'd think of him more as a good villain guy, but then Bogie used to be a "good villain guy" until lightning struck. Depp isn't bad for that role, but the problem is, his "drunk and dissolute" act is already horribly over-exposed, as has been said.

I just wish they'd re-release the ORIGINALS to the theatres. I'd love to see it on the big screen, and it might get some newbies to go see something different. (Why don't they ever do something like that for just a week or so?)
That might be something that can be done with a smaller, local town theater release if enough people show interest. We have a small theater near me and sometimes they show more recent classics, but I don't recall anything from the Golden Era specifically. I don't even know how easy it would be to get such films, but I think LizzieMaine might have some insight (I seem to recall that she worked or volunteered at a small-town theater).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner