Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Recommendations for cuff and zip replacements for original M22-a

jonbuilder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
So I have an original Edmund T Church M22-a. I would like to get the cuffs replaced and the male zip insertion pin has broken loose from the tape.
Any recommendation on who would have suitable cuffs and a zipper and could do the sewing. I know I could reach out to the master JC

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
Last edited:

photo2u

One Too Many
So I have an original Edmund T Church M22-a. I would like to get the cuffs replaced and the male zip insertion pin has broken loose from the tape.
Any recommendation on who would have suitable cuffs and a zipper and could do the sewing. I know I could reach out to the master JC

David can do it. If I remember correctly, He used to sell nice cuffs and did have some zippers.

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
Mr. Sheeley sure did a nice job lengthening the cuffs on this Monarch.
King of the Monarchs!
C290C1EF-23C1-4C04-963D-0001C90BA3DB.jpeg

Last edited:

jonbuilder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I purchased the cuffs and will ship the jacket to Dena when they arrive
And thanks to photo2u who gave me a tip on how to source the male zip side I will forward the info to Dena
John Chapman did respond to my inquiry. He is still working to catch up on his backlog and respectfully declined to take on another project

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
Friend, I love that jacket. The lining is so soft. How is the leather? The last time I remember, it was asking for a little conditioner. Still can't find the belt but I WILL NOT FORGET.
This leather is still soft and supple. Probably the softest horsehide I’ve seen. It really doesn’t look like it was worn much.
Ah, to have the original belt would really top it off. Thanks!

photo2u

One Too Many
Noooo. It was just like it very well kept. When I purchased this jacket at a trade show in Pomona, the original owner outgrew it and never wore it. I also purchased two Californians from Him. I took 3k and was out of money before noon. LOL, The jacket was intended for my Russian flight instructor. He is 6'1 and always wanted a Californian or Monarch. Sadly, He is no longer with us was not able to take it to him in time. It sat in my closet for about 10 years.

The gent who sold you the jacket is pure class. You got a nice keeper for many years to come. I have seen your others and are just as cool.

Last edited:

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
Noooo. It was just like it very well kept. When I purchased this jacket at a trade show in Pomona, the original owner outgrew it and never wore it. I also purchased two Californians from Him. I took 3k and was out of money before noon. LOL, The jacket was intended for my Russian flight instructor. He is 6'1 and always wanted a Californian or Monarch. Sadly, He is no longer with us was not able to take it to him in time. It sat in my closet for about 10 years.

The gent who sold you the jacket is pure class. You got a nice keeper for many years to come. I have seen your others and are just as cool.
This Monarch is almost like new. It is very cool that Dave lengthened the sleeves, almost impossible to find vintage long enough for me.
Way cool!

John A Koehler

Familiar Face
This Monarch is almost like new. It is very cool that Dave lengthened the sleeves, almost impossible to find vintage long enough for me.
Way cool!
You guys are making me question my selling this. I know what you mean Jonesy, I’ve got gorilla arms and finding any jacket with long enough sleeves is a good day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GokhanB