Recruiting: Lounge members for special edition Moonstone Camp Draft

Discussion in 'Hats' started by Duper, Sep 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. While I agree with the comparison to the Imperial version, I do think the Heritage is worth it when compared to a Stetson 4X Open Road or modern Stratoliner. I saw Peter Bros listing the modern HatCo Stetson Stratoliner for $200 & Hartford York catalog listing $195. $180+ for the Deluxe Campdraft ranks a better deal & better lid, dimensions & quality, to me.

2. ecp

ecp New in Town

I'll have to bow out too. I was notified last week that the Silverbelly CD that I ordered in mid-July was on its way.

3. Landman

Landman One Too Many

I'm going to bow out too. I already have 3 silverbelly Campdrafts and the difference in brim length just doesn't justify it for me. I was in more for the Moonstone color than the brim length. Thanks for trying to put this together.

By the way, I think Josh suggested a great name for it. Naming it after Neil Armstrong would have been very cool! I can still remember being a young kid and watching those old black and white images of him coming down that ladder.

4. casechopper

casechopper My Mail is Forwarded Here

If I could get that hat at a imperial campdraft price I'd buy it in a minute. Isn't this enough different from the hatsdirect heritage campdraft (different ribbon size, brim width and felt quality) to make this work? If not I guess I'm out. Definitely thanks for your efforts on this though Duper and Sam.

Side note. Does anyone know if Akubra has ever done a dove grey? Maybe we could get them to pull out an old felt color to work with other than moonstone? I looked at their current colors and I'm not seeing anything too inspiring...

Sam

5. MaricopaKid

MaricopaKid New in Town

I really don't want another Silverbelly. I may get the Moonstone with the regular brim. Duper, thanks for your effort!

6. Thunderball

Thunderball One of the Regulars

I'm out.
    Thanks for the effort.

7. Shaka

Shaka New in Town

I have been lurking on the Fedora Lounge for about 6 months now and after looking at the Camp Drift and thinking it over for the last week I have decided to end my silence and throw my hat in the ring. You can count me in for a size 59

8. G MAN

G MAN One of the Regulars

Last edited: Sep 28, 2012
  9. Yeps

Yeps Call Me a Cab

I'm out if it isn't Moonstone. Oh well, it was worth a try.

10. EggHead

EggHead Practically Family

I have a silverbelly CD with 2 1/2" brim that I ordered from EA a year ago. So I am out.
    Thanks Duper.

11. Duper

Duper Practically Family

Well the critical mass of numbers has fallen off. I appreciate those who took the time to let me know. Moonstone colour was the big draw. I let Sam know many of us have silver belly hats presently. I also let Sam know that everyone took the disappointment in stride. I like to think that it shows us Loungers are a class act.

Sam did pass back that he has the rights to the blue grass green CDs and he would be willing to order a small run of 25 with a 2 5/8ths brim if there was the interest.

Think of it as the new iKubra CD. 10% lighter, 15% thinner in a beautiful retinal display of bluegrass green at the same great price. He is still offering to draw for 1 free hat from the list of 25 purchasers. Pretty good odds.

My BG CD is perhaps my favourite hat and receives the most compliments so I would be up for it if 24 of you are as well.

He also said that the standard production colour of taupe fawn with the trimmed brim could also be done in a small run of 25. All Akubra retailers have rights to the taupe fawn so there would be no conflicts. I am unsure if we could arrive at a concensus on 25 taupe fawns or 25 blue grass greens. I would go with the the side that won. I still find terrific value in these hats.

So I will pull back now and watch. If I see the crowd rush in and and the scales start tipping substantially towards one or the other I will jump on the Batphone to Australia.

,,,Mike

12. RBH

RBH Bartender

Thanks Mike!
    I am in.

13. gimebakmybulits

gimebakmybulits New in Town

I'd be up for one in BG with a 2 5/8 (size 61)
    John

14. DesertDan

DesertDan One Too Many

I would be even more interested in the Bluegrass Green! Definately in!

15. Landman

Landman One Too Many

Could someone post a picture of a Bluegrass Green Campdraft? I don't think I've ever seen a good picture of that color. Thanks.

16. In for either bg or tf, could consider going for both.

17. mflemming

mflemming One of the Regulars

Same here.

18. Preacher Man

Preacher Man A-List Customer

Great work Duper on all this! I appreciate your efforts. I was very interested in the Moonstone trimmed brim CD. I really like the standard brim CD on my big coal bucket sized head. :) I checked the Hatsdirect site, that Moonstone CD is the Deluxe version, I like that! I've got the Silverbelly that this Lounge group got together, like it a lot, and I've got the Taupe Fawn CD in the Heritage felt. I like the thought of the Taupe Fawn 2 5/8" brim though. Cant imagine what that would look like, but I'm interested!
    Do you think there would be any interest from the members in a CD with a wider ribbon? Taupe Fawn, Moonstone, either one. Just a thought.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2012
  19. maduro 5

maduro 5 A-List Customer

I am biting my nails. I got a standard brim BGG CD from Sam last week and now you are baiting me with 2 5/8 brim. :mad:

20. Thunderball

Thunderball One of the Regulars

I am back in for a Bluegrass Green 62cm.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.