Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Red Wing Heritage 9160- Anyone have a pair?

Aaronlowe

One of the Regulars
I'm thinking of pulling the trigger on a pair of these and they look like the same boot as an Iron Ranger without the toe cap. If anyone has a pair and can give any advice on sizing I would appreciate it.

Thanks,
Aaron

BenchLoom

New in Town
I have a different pair of Redwing Heritage boots (with lug sole) and can recommend them. However, I also have a pair of Wolverine 1000 Milers - like that model of Redwing you want - and I LOVE them. I don't know the cost difference but I can highly recommend the Wolverines as a model and can recommend Redwing as a brand.

Don't make the mistake I did though. Do NOT apply mink oil frequently, even for hard use. I did that to my Red Wings and now they're so soft (it broke down the fibers) it's like having a pair of Nikes on lumberjack lug soles. Not a good combo.

Richard Warren

Practically Family
I also got the 1000 mile boots and like them a lot. Leather sole as opposed to cork and I think more colors. Also speed lacing at the top (very important to me). I put sno-seal on them and it actually seemed to firm them up some..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass