Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Reduced: rough (cheap) project suit: atomic fleck and Hollywood waist

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
For sale is this neat early 1950s "Bold Look" suit with great atomic fleck fabric. Unfortunately it has some issues, hence the low price.

The jacket has three patch pockets, 2 button front closure and a short vent in the back. All buttons are present and in good condition. Worsted wool material.

The trousers are Hollywood waisted with belt loops, are pleated with cuffs and have no suspender buttons.

This suit has a desirable red, medium blue and black atomic fleck fabric pattern on a baby blue background.

Now for the problems.
First of all, the moths had some fun with this suit. Most of the holes are concentrated on the jacket, mainly around the collar area and on the back. I've included a couple pictures of some of those holes. The trousers have a few small moth holes but definitely not as bad as the jacket. It has at least a dozen holes on the jacket alone.
Thankfully the crazy fabric pattern should allow the holes to be patched up and not easily seen. Any decent alterationist or tailor should be able to fix them without too much trouble. Or you could give it a try yourself if you're good with a needle and thread.

Secondly, the suit needs a good cleaning. The jacket collar has a good deal of dirt around it as do areas on the trousers. I believe they will come out with a cleaning.

Lastly and fairly minor, the suit smells of moth balls and is pretty wrinkled, needing a good press.

Jacket:
length- 30"
arms- 25", 2" to let down
pit to pit- 22"
shoulders- 19"

Trousers:
waist- 33" with 1" to let out
inseam- 27.5", none to let down unless you sacrifice the cuffs and add faux cuffs
rise- 13"
cuffs- 1 3/8"

atomicflecksuit001.jpg

atomicflecksuit002.jpg

atomicflecksuit003.jpg

atomicflecksuit004.jpg

atomicflecksuit005.jpg

Some holes on the back:
atomicflecksuit006.jpg

atomicflecksuit007.jpg

atomicflecksuit008.jpg

Hollywood waist
atomicflecksuit009.jpg

atomicflecksuit010.jpg

Again, this is definitely a fixer-upper for someone who wants a project over the winter. I believe it could be restored to wearable condition with some elbow grease and a little love.

$30 shipped in U.S., you pay international shipping. Paypal only, PM if interested.

Last edited:

kools

Practically Family
I'm glad for you, brother. I was hoping you'd sell it. I would have taken it at the bargain price if the pants would have fit me; I really like the base color blue.

J.J. Gittes

A-List Customer
This suit is awesome! I've would've snagged it in a heartbeat if the pants were two inches longer. Would've made a great fixer upper, I always find that the suits I bring back to life are so much more rewarding and satisfying to wear.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eltqt