Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Reese Witherspoon Goes Retro on the Cover of Vogue

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
reese-5-cover_160838455793.jpg

Miss Moonlight

A-List Customer
I really don't want to see vintage have another resurgence in popularity... prices are high enough! Saw Katie Perry on a magazine cover so 40s I thought it was Dita at first... I know it's what Katie Perry does but... I wish she wouldn't. :p

Also, Reese would look pretty in almost anything. :)

The Good

Call Me a Cab
I'm sorry for being in this section, but I just wanted to point out that Reese Witherspoon was great in Walk the Line (2005), and she had a good period style throughout the film. I think it's cool that she is sporting a classic look outside the context of a film role.

Drappa

One Too Many
I'm in the minority I see, but I think that cover is terrible and doesn't do her justice at all. She's been great in everything I've seen her in, and I agree that she was stunning in "Walk the Line".

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
I'm in the minority I see, but I think that cover is terrible and doesn't do her justice at all. She's been great in everything I've seen her in, and I agree that she was stunning in "Walk the Line".

I have to agree with you Drappa - she looks very washed out in this particular picture. I have seen a good few of her movies and she doesn't really do anything for me - I don't dislike her or anything - I'm just very neutral when it comes to her.

susan

Familiar Face

I also agree, there are better pictures of her.
She looks so brillant in "walk the line" :)

By the way -I´m not sure which era style the Vogue cover shows?

Gracie Lee

A-List Customer
I think it doesn't look like her because she's not really smiling. It's more of a smirk, but she has such a lovely room-brightening smile. I've always been a touch (maybe more ;)) jealous of her grace and fabulous bone structure. And Legally Blonde is my guilty pleasure shhhhhhhh:whistling

sheeplady

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I really don't care for her dress/top. It seems to hang off her. It just doesn't seem to do her justice- the colors are fine but the fit- the low cutness combined with the looseness is just not becoming of her, I don't think. I haven't seen her in anything lately, and I don't really follow modern stars, but I would assume she has a very nice figure being an actress.

I don't mean this to sound too critical (I'm not saying that the pic looks bad) but I think she would look so much better in something a little more form fitting. I can see her rocking it in a white or black shirt with a vest of the opposite color, fitted.

ETA: Maybe it is fitted now that I look at it- it seems to have some weird inside out darts on it (not sure what they are called). But it doesn't seem well suited to her, the top part seems to not be fitted correctly- it hangs from her shoulders or something (too much give in the bust area maybe).

Last edited:

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
For the record, I adore Reese. One of my favorite movies with her is The Man in the Moon (1991), which takes place in the fifties. She's only 14 or 15, but already a truly talented actress.
1991-the-man-in-the-moon-poster1.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran