Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Regarding Mother's Day

Dearest friends here at the Lounge,

Tomorrow is Mother's Day, a Day to Honor Mom for all that she did and will do and all she put up with or all the she had to deal with trying to get us to grow up and be the honest hard working person we were meant to be.

This year is especially poignient to me as I recently lost my mom at the end of January after a serious illness after some 4 months of ups and downs. As such, my brother and I will be going thru this first year as a year of anniversaries as it were. The first Mother's Day without mom, her birthday, or birthdays and so on. Each event highlights our loss, and bringing sharply into focus just how much we miss her.

From this stand point, I wish to all of you a Happy Mother's Day with the suggestion that you cherish each moment with your mom. To make those moments special and to hold them in your heart, because it is only by filling that hole with those memories is it possible to ease the sorrow that is felt over the loss of ones mother. My dad always said to me, "No one will ever love you like your mother does." Now that she is gone, I know exactly what he meant.

Blessings to all of the Mom's out there! Blessings to all of the children that honor their moms and dads.

Sincerely,

Foofoogal

Banned
Blessings to al of the Mom's out there! Blessings to all of the children that honor their moms and dads.

Absolutely. I would give 5 years of my life to speak to my mom for 1 hour. She passed in 1984 suddenly from a heart attack.

As a mom I think I am going to give a card to my children this year. I have been thinking on it and both my daughter and son have turned out well. I am extremely proud of them.
My son is a great son, husband and father and hard worker in taking care of his children and my daughter is a great daughter and wife. She has only been married for 3 years so no children yet. They both work hard.
I believe that if your mom could do the same she would be very proud also of you and your brother.
The legacy we leave behind is priceless. I once heard and have never forgot it that we should live every single day with awareness of every decision we make in how it will affect not only us but our children and grandchildren and more later on down the road.
Happy Mothers Day everyone.

Prairie Dog

A-List Customer
Listen to the lyric... it will touch your heart.

Il Divo, Mama

http://youtube.com/watch?v=TWJTKc2-SWU
Il-Divo-Mama-324153.jpg

Mama thank you for who I am
Thank you for all the things I'm not
Forgive me for the words unsaid
For the times I forgot

Mama remember all my life
You showed me love,You sacrificed
Think of those young and early days
How I've changed along the way

[Bridge]
And I know you believed
And I know you had dreams
And I'm sorry it took all this time to see
That I am where I am because of your truth
I miss you, I miss you

Mama forgive the times you cried
Forgive me for not making right
All of the storms I may have caused
And I've been wrong
Dry your eyes

[Bridge]

Mama I hope this makes you smile
I hope you're happy with my life
At peace with every choice I made
How I've changed along the way
And I know you believed in all of my dreams
And I owe it all to you, Mama

$ally

One Too Many
Happy Mother's Day to all you vintage Mommies. I hope yours is going as wonderfully as mine.
2482758981_d4670e0c5a.jpg

My heart goes out to those of you who are without your Mother for whatever reason today.

K

kpreed

$ally said:
Happy Mother's Day to all you vintage Mommies. I hope yours is going as wonderfully as mine.
2482758981_d4670e0c5a.jpg

My heart goes out to those of you who are without your Mother for whatever reason today.
I totally agree with this, only wish I said it. My best to all! Moms or not.

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
I consider myself blessed because I am an older woman who still has a living and healthy mother.

She is the one reason I moved back to Iowa when I retired after being away for 38 years -- to live with her so she would not be alone.

Today she is being wined and dined by other family members, but I will call later and let her know I appreciate her and am very fortunate to be able to spend quality time with her after living away from Iowa for 38 years.

karol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou