Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Regius Built Reproduction Sears 50's Square Pocket Half Belt

Edward

Bartender
Thanks. I'm literally wearing a brand new vintage jacket with upgrades and a custom fit. The money I spend on misfits and damaged jackets is way better spent with Regius.
I'm not saying I'll never buy a used jacket again but a new "old" jacket makes a lot of sense to me:)

I hear you. For a number of reasons, I some time ago stopped looking for genuine vintage clothing and segued into reproduction. For all sorts of stuff - including leathers - there's a lot to be said for a good reproduction that you can guarantee will fit well and that you can take out and wear without worrying about "destroying history" or it falling apart with wear.

I like that sleeve lining a lot.

Johnny Deadlifts

A-List Customer
I hear you. For a number of reasons, I some time ago stopped looking for genuine vintage clothing and segued into reproduction. For all sorts of stuff - including leathers - there's a lot to be said for a good reproduction that you can guarantee will fit well and that you can take out and wear without worrying about "destroying history" or it falling apart with wear.

I like that sleeve lining a lot.
Thanks. I think most quality repros are a celebration of the original vintage models. I think we appreciate what and how things were made years ago, but as you said they are more frail and rarer to come by( and increasingly costly).
I think it's difficult to find a " new" old school craftsman or company that can mimic the same style and craftsmanship as the original masters so I appreciate it when I find one. It should be viewed as an acknowledgement of respect for the past; in my humble opinion:)

Last edited:

Johnny Deadlifts

A-List Customer
You are not kidding. I spent a half day walking in NYC the other day, and I was the only one rocking a vintage leather jacket. Where is @Davisleathernyc where you need him???
I know right? I almost never see anyone as "put together" as FL members. Colors matching, well fitted, possibly overdressed but tastefully done. Most members tend to be in "reasonable" shape and are well groomed. I find all people- booth men and women react differently to me when I approach since I became a lounge member. The women smile and start flicking their hair and usually giggle at everything I say. The men straighten their stance, get a slight annoyed look on their face, and they start tucking their shirts in and sucking in their bellies. Makes me grin every time:)

regius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I too have hardly come across a person in NYC sporting either an original nor repro leather jacket these days, but I know the collectors exist there. I once saw a customer scuttle away with a massive McCoy box from the then-in business Real McCoy shop. He must have bought a nylon or sheepskin. :)

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
Looking at this again, you nailed everything about it! Can we see some updates?

”A brand new vintage jacket with an upgrade and custom fit.“ Now that is something that appeals to me!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GokhanB