Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Regius Made Leather Jacket

KBlake

One Too Many
My jacket is ready and it looks amazing. Reg said it’s the first time he has made a unibody collar (his neologism). I don’t really understand the difference. Can someone explain it? In any case, here are the photos.
IMG_7546.jpeg
32FB83CF-204C-445F-998E-D685E5601154.jpeg
2BB3D199-7238-425E-BA50-DD7E0E4D508F.jpeg
1E6F294C-884C-4BCD-943F-F4939A04A1AB.jpeg

Attachments

• 9D3AF255-EF54-4353-953F-112AE691A376.jpeg
    9D3AF255-EF54-4353-953F-112AE691A376.jpeg
    255.5 KB · Views: 37

jeo

One Too Many
My jacket is ready and it looks amazing. Reg said it’s the first time he has made a unibody collar (his neologism). I don’t really understand the difference. Can someone explain it? In any case, here are the photos. View attachment 597729 View attachment 597731 View attachment 597733 View attachment 597730

Top is what he calls unibody. Where the seams meet and are flush, almost like a French seam.

On the bottom you see where the leather facing seam meets the collar and is on top of it.

IMG_7732.jpeg

Last edited:

jeo

One Too Many
Thanks. Is there an advantage to either?

The difference is visual mostly. I don’t think there’s an advantage as far as strength. The main advantage for that kind of seam is comfort.

An example would be a French seam on the back side of a sleeve. A French seam will be more comfortable than a regular folded seam which can cause discomfort or even pain to the elbow.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
It’s funny, but I like wonky stitching and flaws (personality) on my vintage originals. I don’t when I buy a new jacket.
and there is a wonky but trying to be straight like a natural freehand sketch, and wonky just to be wonky, I bet both will look and feel very different, because the first one is produced at fast speed and the repro is done in low speed, try to draw a straight line freehand with a marker, in high speed trying to be straight but there are some natural wobbles in it, and try to do slow line and fake the wobbles purposefully, both lines would look totally different.

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
No need to change shirt, just tuck it in. (Shirts this long will always look wrong untucked since the long tail is for that purpose.)

mumpy

A-List Customer
Maybe it is due to the quality of the photos but I would expect more definition at the back. Also the position of the cinches looks a bit too high I think.

Maybe it is due to the quality of the photos but I would expect more definition at the back. Also the position of the cinches looks a bit too high I think.
I tend to agree. Reg did a great job in building the Windward pattern with very broad shoulders and tapering, then flaring at the hem. Actually the aviator was that way too.
IMG_4225.jpeg
IMG_3729.jpeg

The Halfbelt on the Windward did sit a bit higher. On the aviator, the belts were slightly offset.

KBlake

One Too Many
I tend to agree. Reg did a great job in building the Windward pattern with very broad shoulders and tapering, then flaring at the hem. Actually the aviator was that way too.
View attachment 599916 View attachment 599915
The Halfbelt on the Windward did sit a bit higher. On the aviator, the belts were slightly offset.
You have an aviator from reg? I never saw it. I actually prefer the height of the belt on the Windward.

I’m wondering if the chest pocket on my jacket is a touch too high. As for the fit, there’s an extra fold of fabric at the back of each shoulder on my jacket that isn’t ideal. Reg gave me a very detailed explanation as to why that is. I’m thrilled with the jacket even though there’s a some issues with it like that back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner