Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Regius Made Leather Jacket

KBlake

One Too Many
Wow, that looks fucking great, mane! The jacket accentuates your biceps and shoulders while slimming down your waist. Masculine V-taper frame for sure.
Thanks bud. The shape of reg’s jackets is very masculine and flattering.

Super grateful to @Canuck Panda for sending this test jacket to me. I have not had the chance to handle many high end quality jackets and this certainly fits that description. I get the importance of pattern now. View attachment 596136 View attachment 596137
Looks like Regius fixed his lapel problem. I bought a “test” pattern from him and the lapels were completely uneven. Nice a jacket as it was, the angle was definitely off. I brought this to his attention. Nice to see he listened.
IMG_3782.jpeg

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
Looks like Regius fixed his lapel problem. I bought a “test” pattern from him and the lapels were completely uneven. Nice a jacket as it was, the angle was definitely off. I brought this to his attention. Nice to see he listened.
View attachment 596173
seems like he follows the length of commercial ready to use zipper length on the outer lapel.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
I've got some of Regius' pattern test jackets, some I've painted over with my Angelus dyes, all in different sizings because they're his pattern tests, I have a custom jacket in the queue mainly because I want the Herman Oak hide, but I've got no idea what I want for design. Anyways, here are the pattern tests jackets:

Corded pocket half belt, I think this is his size 46 regular, leather looks painted because I painted it, midnight olive I call it...
View attachment 593457 View attachment 593458 View attachment 593459 View attachment 593460

Another corded half belt, this one also his size 46 regular I believe,
View attachment 593465 View attachment 593468 View attachment 593467 View attachment 593466
He once chat with me in PM about rounded shoulder at the time I have no idea what he meant since I love my shoulder sloping and square, now I see what he meant by that, it definitely look more broken in from the get go

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I was told this was original to the jacket he copied but in my view a flaw is a flaw regardless of when or why it occurred. Reminds me a bit of the shitty stitched A-2’s from GW. “ Historically Accurate”. It’s a cool story and all….but no thanks.

And yet, I get why JC offers it as an option, given A-2 guys get angry at Ken for reproducing the wartime patterns but stitching evenly where some originals were asymmetrical etc.

mumpy

A-List Customer
And yet, I get why JC offers it as an option, given A-2 guys get angry at Ken for reproducing the wartime patterns but stitching evenly where some originals were asymmetrical etc.
Yeah I can see why he is doing it but honestly I will never understand this. There is a simple HUGE difference between a repro jacket and an original. Even if you used a time machine to go back in time, produce the jacket and then come back to the present to wear it, this jacket hasn't lived for 85 years. There is no human history attached to it. It is all in the wearer's mind.

At this point, might as well correct the stitching and stop pretending is my point. Or otherwise, just buy an original.

Blackadder

Yeah I can see why he is doing it but honestly I will never understand this. There is a simple HUGE difference between a repro jacket and an original. Even if you used a time machine to go back in time, produce the jacket and then come back to the present to wear it, this jacket hasn't lived for 85 years. There is no human history attached to it. It is all in the wearer's mind.

At this point, might as well correct the stitching and stop pretending is my point. Or otherwise, just buy an original.
Pretending is the point for re-enactment. Originally people get into "accurate" repros for re-enactment. Then the regular people got interested and started buying these costume for everyday wear. Take for example, one of the original repro makers of A-2 Avirex back in 90s did not have accuracy in mind. If the topic is accurate vs aesthetic then, there is also no reason why the pen holder on the sleeves of a MA-1 cannot be dispensed with give no one carries a pen when they can use a phone to record and type. But then people will argue it is no longer a MA-1 but MA-1isgh style.

mumpy

A-List Customer
Pretending is the point for re-enactment. Originally people get into "accurate" repros for re-enactment. Then the regular people got interested and started buying these costume for everyday wear. Take for example, one of the original repro makers of A-2 Avirex back in 90s did not have accuracy in mind. If the topic is accurate vs aesthetic then, there is also no reason why the pen holder on the sleeves of a MA-1 cannot be dispensed with give no one carries a pen when they can use a phone to record and type. But then people will argue it is no longer a MA-1 but MA-1isgh style.
The pen holder is a design element that has a visual purpose. It is very characteristic of this type of jackets.
Stitching on the other hand is not really so I don’t think the comparison makes sense.

I know that some people do it for re-enactment reasons and that’s totally fine (I don’t personally care) I just find it difficult to see the appeal in it for myself.

Aloysius

If the topic is accurate vs aesthetic then, there is also no reason why the pen holder on the sleeves of a MA-1 cannot be dispensed with give no one carries a pen when they can use a phone to record and type. But then people will argue it is no longer a MA-1 but MA-1isgh style.

Ha, I use mine a fair bit for pens and a small notebook.

Blackadder

Ha, I use mine a fair bit for pens and a small notebook.
Well. We are old school but the younger generation wearing the MA-1s today don't. In fact even old school guys like me are forced to adapt. In my line of work, we used to carry pocket diaries for appointments and we have to call the office to "sync" the desktop diaries kept by secretaries but now everyone has gone digital.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
He once chat with me in PM about rounded shoulder at the time I have no idea what he meant since I love my shoulder sloping and square, now I see what he meant by that, it definitely look more broken in from the get go
Yeah his jacket patterns has the curve arc that goes from one end of cuff to the other end of cuff in an continuous arc. Very comfortable, I call this the athletic cut. The slim long type of cutting has more angles. I like them both but it's up to the wearer to see which one they like.

IMG_8052.jpg

KBlake

One Too Many
Looks great! What do you in the queue with him (design), is it straight zip or xzip?
Its a very simple straight zip half belt in black hermann oak. He's about 80% done but his back is hurt so there will be a delay. I just feel badly about his back. Apparently leather jacket making requires a lot of hunching over and causes major strain to the back.

KBlake

One Too Many
Yeah his jacket patterns has the curve arc that goes from one end of cuff to the other end of cuff in an continuous arc. Very comfortable, I call this the athletic cut. The slim long type of cutting has more angles. I like them both but it's up to the wearer to see which one they like.

View attachment 596792
This shape has a very vintage, round-shouldered look to it. I'm a big fan of it. I have a narrow frame for my height and weight and this aggressively tapered shape makes me look a foot wider than I am. MY campus and cal jackets produce the same flattering effect.

Kunja

Practically Family
Reg's Windward was one of the more comfortable jackets I've owned; there was something about the cut that just worked well. The way it fit made it easy to move or twist around, like when turning to grab a seat belt, but it still looked trim, neat and fitted. Very nice!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner