Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Remix Shoes!!

Blondie

Practically Family
I would find another site that stocks his shoes and deal with them instead,
in my experience it's pretty much hit & miss when dealing with the owner,
either he is fine or as unfriendly as cat poop.
"one happy customer tells 5, but an unhappy customer tells 50 "
Maybe we can start compiling a list on here as to where else to shop for Remix Shoes ???

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
Blondie said:
I would find another site that stocks his shoes and deal with them instead,
in my experience it's pretty much hit & miss when dealing with the owner,
either he is fine or as unfriendly as cat poop.
"one happy customer tells 5, but an unhappy customer tells 50 "
Maybe we can start compiling a list on here as to where else to shop for Remix Shoes ???

Good idea, Blondie! The shop Sivletto (http://sivletto.com/) in Stockholm sells Re-mix, and they have great customer communication and service. So even though it will cost me extra, I'll order via them and let them communicate with this charming man ;)

Cricket

Practically Family
Laura Chase said:
Geez, can you believe it, Remix didn't send my shoes the second time around either! :mad: So now I've cancelled my order and won't ever be ordering again.

So, sorry cherry, you can't try on my Gloria wedges because Remix won't send them to me. But they gladly accepted my money over a month ago!

I am sorry to hear about your trouble. By getting the word out though, people will know who they are dealing with.

Inky

One Too Many
Remix Pathway Shoe on sale

The cute play shoe, the Pathway is on sale at $89. It's not listed on the sale page, but found here instead.

pathway4colors.gif

Um, somehow a size 10 pair in grass green jumped onto my Visa card.

*cough* I don't know how that happened.

Inky

One Too Many
Hi Crwitt

I normally wear a 10. I do have their Gina sandal in a size 11 because some of their wedge sandals run smaller than other styles and they recommended I go up a size for that style.

When I called in my order today, I asked what size I should order and the person on the phone said the Pathway does run true to size, so I ordered the 10. I've never tried on this style so I hope they fit.

If it were me and I wore a 1/2 size, I'd always go up, because I hate hate hate tight shoes (and my feet swell by the end of the day too).

They have two sizing charts so make sure you look at the proper one for the Pathway style, which is here.

Which color are you going to get??

LawnFlamingo

Familiar Face
Blondie...
Are the Pathways comfortable? I go back and forth about getting these shoes often, but the strap looks like would sit on top of the foot at a weird angle. Do you find the strap to be bothersome at all? I love the look of them but worry that the side of the strap opposite the buckle end would be uncomfortable. (hope that make sense!)

crwritt

One Too Many
Inky, i'm not sure which color I would choose. I of course would get the most wear from a pair of black shoes, and really I'm partial to red, but that depends on the shade. I have looked at the Gina sandal too, but summer's ending here and I have so many pairs of sandals.
Even on sale, these are kind of pricy.

Blondie

Practically Family
LawnFlamingo said:
Blondie...
Are the Pathways comfortable? I go back and forth about getting these shoes often, but the strap looks like would sit on top of the foot at a weird angle. Do you find the strap to be bothersome at all? I love the look of them but worry that the side of the strap opposite the buckle end would be uncomfortable. (hope that make sense!)

They are comfortable, i just find them a bit clompy,
but this is probably me rather than the shoe, (kinda feels like a phone book stuck to the bottom of each foot lol )
they are not a shoe i would wear everyday, the strap is fine, no buckle problems either,
cute shoes for a cute outfit !

Inky

One Too Many
crwritt said:
Inky, i'm not sure which color I would choose. I of course would get the most wear from a pair of black shoes, and really I'm partial to red, but that depends on the shade. I have looked at the Gina sandal too, but summer's ending here and I have so many pairs of sandals.
Even on sale, these are kind of pricy.

I'm partial to black shoes (I have the black gina's with the red insole) too, it's always hard for me not to choose the black, but my black Gina's are my go-to shoe. Luckily you can wear sandals hear almost year-round. I have the Gloria shoe in dark red - love that clip on bow.

I don't quite know why I chose the grass green, actually. It just seemed fun. I should photograph my shoes. They don't call me Imelda for nuttin'

Inky

One Too Many
Blondie said:
They are comfortable, i just find them a bit clompy,
but this is probably me rather than the shoe, (kinda feels like a phone book stuck to the bottom of each foot lol )
they are not a shoe i would wear everyday, the strap is fine, no buckle problems either,
cute shoes for a cute outfit !

I was worried they might be "clompy" too, but I love a cute maryjane style and the green is so fun. Now I need a dress to go with it :D

Sickofitcindy

One of the Regulars
Are there any stores in NY that sell them?

I read somewhere on the internet, that a store in Manhattan or Brooklyn sells these shoes. Due to fit issues and my indecisiveness, I'd love to try them on before I buy them. Does anyone know a store in the NYC that stocks them? I'd be willing to travel to any of the 5 boros. Thanks :)

Inky

One Too Many
23.5 hours later and here they are!

Since LA LA land is only 3 hours south of me, stuff usually gets here fast, but 23.5 hours after I call an order is - well, that's almost as good as if my computer could have spit them out all sci-fi like ;)

2759866117_1f7935618b.jpg

My feet are a little pudgy looking today (hi, bloated) but they are comfy shoes and I don't find them clompy at all, though they could use a good breaking in. On a good note, they happen to go great with the floral print I am using in my first retro-style sewing adventure.

Aurora

One of the Regulars
What's the wedge like on the Pathway? I usually like at least 2", but it's not to clear in the pictures

Inky

One Too Many
Aurora said:
What's the wedge like on the Pathway? I usually like at least 2", but it's not to clear in the pictures

Hi Aurora

The wedge is 1.5 inches and the platform is about 3/4". These are not the same as there other wedge sandals - The Gina and Gloria I have are the 2 inches (at least) like you said.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo