Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Remix Shoes!!

Laura Chase

One Too Many
Geez, can you believe it, Remix didn't send my shoes the second time around either! :mad: So now I've cancelled my order and won't ever be ordering again.

So, sorry cherry, you can't try on my Gloria wedges because Remix won't send them to me. But they gladly accepted my money over a month ago!

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
Laura Chase said:
Geez, can you believe it, Remix didn't send my shoes the second time around either! :mad: So now I've cancelled my order and won't ever be ordering again.

So, sorry cherry, you can't try on my Gloria wedges because Remix won't send them to me. But they gladly accepted my money over a month ago!

that is just the worst customer service ever! It could have been worse though - I ordered something and it was out of stock, so they send an actual envelope with a letter to me, but had posted a customs label outside what is was regarding ( the blouse I had ordered) so I got charged for customs and taxes for the price of the blouse just to get the envelope where they told me it was out of stock. I then tried to cancel the order, too late they said and then I got charged customs & tax AGAIN when it arrived. Of course the blouse turned out to be absolute crap and I was 150$ poorer..

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
Laura Chase said:

I'm sorry to hear this :( Strange way to treat a customer, don't they want international business (and don't they know that word gets around fast in retro communities)?

Ms. McGraw

One of the Regulars
Laura Chase,
Try http://www.bearflagrepublicusa.com
I'm not sure if they ship internationally, but I've had GREAT customer service from them. They don't have as many styles to choose from as Remix, but they are cheaper and I can't tell a difference in comfort or quality.

Laura Chase

One Too Many
cherry lips said:
I'm sorry to hear this :( Strange way to treat a customer, don't they want international business (and don't they know that word gets around fast in retro communities)?

I'm happy you gals understand, I too think they treated me terrbily. And when I said that it was terrible customer service, he just replied "If you want to complain, you can write an email." To me, that's the same as saying "If you want to complain, we don't want to listen to you."

I was just so surprised because I have read here that everyone else got their shoes and that Remix has such nice customer service... But alas, no shoes for me. I really loved the Gloria wedges and came to think of them as mine. :(

Ms. McGraw, thanks for the link. Those shoes are much cheaper, yes, but unfortunately they only have my favorite model (the wedges with the clip on bow, similar to Remix's Gloria) in red.

Darhling, that's just awful, who did you order from?

ShrinkingViolet

A-List Customer
Laura Chase said:

They clearly don't deserve your custom! I know what it's like to order something and end up not receiving it when you've already fantasized about what to wear with it and so on.
there's also Rocket Originals in the UK. I've been contemplating the red/navy Esther ones ... but I've decided I have enough shoes for now.

bgltexas

New in Town
Write to the president

I read some advice a long time ago that you should find out the name of the president of the company and write a letter directly to him/her. Management can be unaware of complaints. The customer service people aren't going to report themselves. I've had some positive responses, such as the time both the president's office and the local manager called me to apologize. I've had letters that were ignored. What I really enjoyed was going back to a store and finding that things had changed since I sent my letter. If you can find that information about an online company, it's worth a try.

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
bgltexas said:
I read some advice a long time ago that you should find out the name of the president of the company and write a letter directly to him/her. Management can be unaware of complaints. The customer service people aren't going to report themselves. I've had some positive responses, such as the time both the president's office and the local manager called me to apologize. I've had letters that were ignored. What I really enjoyed was going back to a store and finding that things had changed since I sent my letter. If you can find that information about an online company, it's worth a try.

Remix is a very small company though - I'd be surprised if the guy Laura spoke to wasn't the owner guy!

Laura Chase, you can always buy your Remix shoes off Colin Johnson, details quoted on the page before this one, but he is a bit vague with timescales himself I'm afraid. He's never let me down though.

pigeon toe

One Too Many
That's terrible that they treated you so badly! I'm really surprised, though because every time I've been in the store they have always been so helpful. I even got a large "student discount" (I think he felt bad for me!) from the man working there named Philip or Paul (some P name!).

That really sucks that you never got your shoes! :(

Lovely Leah

Familiar Face
Remix rudeness

I so much wanted a pair of the spectator wedges. I called to order them. Since I have to have a lift on the left shoe, I asked the man on the phone if he could tell me the composition of the soles. The cobbler who works on my shoes likes to have that information so he can get the right glues & sole material in advance. At that point, the sales person asked do I want to order the shoes or not. I told him not before he gives me the information I asked for. He hung up.

No way will I ever deal with that store.

Leah

Aurora

One of the Regulars
That's shocking - So what's the answer to buying them, second-hand or visit in person :(
People always used to say how good ReMix were with customer service, what's happened?

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
Babydoll pumps?

Lovely Leah, I don't know what's wrong with the Remix employee/ boss:eek: that you spoke with, my only guess is that he has psychological problems.

Laura Chase

One Too Many
I'm so not impressed with them, sorry to hear that they treat other customers so badly too. I hoped my instance was a one timer since I have only heard good things about them. Maybe they got some new people working for them or something... They're terrible, anyway.

My Remix charade didn't even end there. Even though I very expressively asked them to CANCEL MY ORDER and send me my money back, they had the nerve to ship the shoes anyway! (I can see by the postal stamps that they were sent after I told them to cancel my order.) So I just refused to accept the package, so now they better give me my money back or I'll do something drastic. It really gets to me when companies get so big that they think they can treat their customers so poorly!

Fleur, I have considered Colin, I think I'll try and contact him.

ShooShooBaby

One Too Many
Laura Chase said:
It really gets to me when companies get so big that they think they can treat their customers so poorly!QUOTE]

with remix this really isn't the case at all - it's a VERY small company. sorry you've had a bad experience with them. i've been a happy customer for the past 10 years. :eek:

Laura Chase

One Too Many
ShooShooBaby said:
Laura Chase said:
It really gets to me when companies get so big that they think they can treat their customers so poorly!QUOTE]

with remix this really isn't the case at all - it's a VERY small company. sorry you've had a bad experience with them. i've been a happy customer for the past 10 years. :eek:

I thought they were bigger, just because they are so popular amongst us here. It just surprises me that a small company can afford to treat customers badly. I don't know, maybe it was just bad luck, I truly expected the best from them because I know all you ladies have been satisfied. Maybe I'll give them a second shot sometime in the future, right now I'm just not ready. I also expect to come to San Francisco to study next year, and then I'll definitely visit their store in LA. :)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran