Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Remix Shoes!!

ShooShooBaby

One Too Many
Smuterella said:
I need a few pairs of the babydoll pumps. why are they so pricey?

:(

they're well-made, by a small business, and they don't make a ton of them. thus the price goes up! i've had one of my pairs for about 6 years though, and they still look fantastic. maybe save up for one pair and see what you think!

16_sparrows

Vendor
Laura Chase said:
Would any of you gals who have remix shoes in size 9 or 9.5 be willing to measure them for me?

I'm not sure if I should order the boulevard model in 9 or 9.5 because I sometimes use 9 and sometimes 9.5...

And btw, I can't decide if I should order the green or black ones. Green ones look soooo gorgeous but maybe I'd use the black ones more... But the green ones are so much fun!

I would do it if I was a 9.5, but I'm not. I can tell you though that I'm normally ALWAYS a 8.5 and I am an 8 in Remix. Also, I'm a proud owner of the Blvd. in green and love them. I'm the type not to be too matchy matchy though, and find that the greens can go with everything - black, brown, whatever. If you are more matchy matchy, go for the black.

Laura Chase

One Too Many
16_sparrows said:
I would do it if I was a 9.5, but I'm not. I can tell you though that I'm normally ALWAYS a 8.5 and I am an 8 in Remix. Also, I'm a proud owner of the Blvd. in green and love them. I'm the type not to be too matchy matchy though, and find that the greens can go with everything - black, brown, whatever. If you are more matchy matchy, go for the black.

Okay, I'm normally a 9 so I should probably just go with 9... Would still appreciate a measurement if someone has a 9 or 9.5.

I was looking at your Flickr and I found these pics, these are your boulevards, right? It's difficult to see what color they exactly are cause it looks like you changed the colors of the pics are bit, right? You're looking very, very lovely, by the way!

I have a few more questions, are they narrow and is the suede very sensitive? Have you ever worn them whilst it rained, for example?

16_sparrows

Vendor
Laura Chase: Those are the Blvds - my friend took those pics and manipulated the color in those. The actual color of the suede is something like this - a middle tone to light green. The heel and leather parts of the kilt are an olive green, close to color in this pic.

The shoes are not narrow. The suede forms your foot quite well and the peep toe allows for spread. My width is about 3.5". Oddly enough, I find the Savoy style very narrow, but they are the same measurement as the Blvds. It seems the peep toe and suede really make a difference. In comfort, i find them very comfortable. I don't own a car and walk all over town in them. If I feel anything it is just regular foot fatigue from walking everywhere in heels.

The suede seems to be tough as I have run into things and accidentally rubbed them on stairs with little damage. I took them to the cobbler to put rubber soles on them and to water proof the suede. I've walked out in them when it was sprinkling, with no damage, but not a full on rain. i wouldn't want to anyway as the water would come in through the peep toe.

I initially got a size too big and was able to exchange them without issue. I just had to pay shipping. So, if worse comes to worse and they are too big/too small, you can always exchange them.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Smuterella said:
I need a few pairs of the babydoll pumps. why are they so pricey?

:(

They are not really that pricy. These are shoes that go back to the term 'they are an investment'. You can use them to fill staple holes in your wardrobe, but if you like variety, then these might not be what you are looking for, as they are known to last a long long long long time.

LD

Laura Chase

One Too Many
16_sparrows said:
Laura Chase: Those are the Blvds - my friend took those pics and manipulated the color in those. The actual color of the suede is something like this - a middle tone to light green. The heel and leather parts of the kilt are an olive green, close to color in this pic.

The shoes are not narrow. The suede forms your foot quite well and the peep toe allows for spread. My width is about 3.5". Oddly enough, I find the Savoy style very narrow, but they are the same measurement as the Blvds. It seems the peep toe and suede really make a difference. In comfort, i find them very comfortable. I don't own a car and walk all over town in them. If I feel anything it is just regular foot fatigue from walking everywhere in heels.

The suede seems to be tough as I have run into things and accidentally rubbed them on stairs with little damage. I took them to the cobbler to put rubber soles on them and to water proof the suede. I've walked out in them when it was sprinkling, with no damage, but not a full on rain. i wouldn't want to anyway as the water would come in through the peep toe.

I initially got a size too big and was able to exchange them without issue. I just had to pay shipping. So, if worse comes to worse and they are too big/too small, you can always exchange them.

Thank you so much for letting me know, 3.5 is perfect width! And the color is just perfect. *swoon*

Rockapin-up

A-List Customer
Wow those shoes look really cute on you. I never would of thought to buy green shoes, but seeing those blvds on you has changed my mind. You do those shoes way more justice in your photos than the actual stock photo. :)

16_sparrows said:

Smuterella

One Too Many
Lady Day said:
They are not really that pricy. These are shoes that go back to the term 'they are an investment'. You can use them to fill staple holes in your wardrobe, but if you like variety, then these might not be what you are looking for, as they are known to last a long long long long time.

LD

No, I totally get what you mean. Its just that its a long way for them to come, shipping is costly, I'm very hard on shoes and I need at least 3 pairs....

16_sparrows

Vendor
Rockapin-up said:
Wow those shoes look really cute on you. I never would of thought to buy green shoes, but seeing those blvds on you has changed my mind. You do those shoes way more justice in your photos than the actual stock photo. :)

Thanks - yeah, I've never been too fond of their product photos. They really don't take good ones. I wonder if they just don't get enough web purchases to care.

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
This is the website of the guy who sells them over here -

Colin Johnson.

For reasons I've never known, he doesn't have the Remix ones on his site, but he regularly either goes over to the LA shop or has the raw parts sent over where he stitches them together. I've had 3 pairs off him so far.

NB: YOU HAVE TO RING HIM. He is TERRIBLE at replying to mails, you'll most likely get nowhere. He does however attend all sorts of rock n roll events all over the country so you can go try on.

SarahLouise

Practically Family
Fleur De Guerre said:
This is the website of the guy who sells them over here -

Colin Johnson.

For reasons I've never known, he doesn't have the Remix ones on his site, but he regularly either goes over to the LA shop or has the raw parts sent over where he stitches them together. I've had 3 pairs off him so far.

NB: YOU HAVE TO RING HIM. He is TERRIBLE at replying to mails, you'll most likely get nowhere. He does however attend all sorts of rock n roll events all over the country so you can go try on.

Thanks for this, I've been wanting a pair of babydolls for ages.

There was a guy selling repro shoes at the Holiday in Harlem ball but I stupidly forgot to take his business card :eusa_doh: He had a fantastic range of 40s platforms and wedges (all about £80) and said that if you showed him a photo of any shoe he would be able to make it. I'm going to try and find out his details.

ShrinkingViolet

A-List Customer
I found these Remix 'Kate' shoes on www.lorisshoes.com, but they're not on the Remix website. What's up with that? Has anyone seen them in person?

LDS06233.jpg

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
SarahLouise said:
Thanks for this, I've been wanting a pair of babydolls for ages.

There was a guy selling repro shoes at the Holiday in Harlem ball but I stupidly forgot to take his business card :eusa_doh: He had a fantastic range of 40s platforms and wedges (all about £80) and said that if you showed him a photo of any shoe he would be able to make it. I'm going to try and find out his details.

I'd be very surprised if it wasn't actually Colin - I've never heard of anyone else doing what he does!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo