Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Remix Shoes!!

Blondie

Practically Family
Lily Powers said:
Remix has previously had great quality and workmanship, but after reading some of the posts here, I'm wondering if Remix is going through some changes.

I notice their 1940's wedges are being made differently now - the sizing is larger and more true to size, according to their website. And today in a local shoe store, I saw a new type of Remix (Deluxe Remix, or something like that, in gold lettering on a white insole) - patent leather flats, almost little ballerina flats - cobalt blue, black or yellow with a decorative, multi-color patent square attached - with virtually no arch support and, in my opinion, rather flimsy. I could hang them from my rearview mirror, they felt so delicate. Pricing not so delicate though ($179 USD), and nothing outstanding or special about the design.
Just did a search but couldn't find anything about them ! If you get a chance, next time you are near that shoe store, could you have another look at the label, i am always looking for cute flats !!!!

Lily Powers

Practically Family
Blondie said:
Just did a search but couldn't find anything about them ! If you get a chance, next time you are near that shoe store, could you have another look at the label, i am always looking for cute flats !!!!

I tried to find a pic of the shoes when I posted last night, however there was nothing like them on the Remix site, but they were definitely Remix. I did a double take and even took them in my hands to make sure I was seeing it correctly. :D I'll sneak a pic from the store with my camera and post it.

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
Here you go, Blondie:
AUDREYBLACK.GIF

http://remixvintageshoes.com/flats.html

Lily Powers

Practically Family
How the heck did that work? I go to http://remixvintageshoes.com/ and click on to "Flats" and it loads a page of 1940's wedges. In the past, I've clicked on the Remix links that have been posted by Loungers who live outside the US and have found shoes that I don't see on the website link I posted above. :confused:

Anyway, those are the flats I saw, but the colors were shiny patent leather (cobalt blue, yellow and green) and the doodad on the toe was a solid, flat square with different colors on it. And more than three times the sale price!

Laura Chase

One Too Many
I think I just somehow googled myself onto their old site. [huh] I don't think those are available online any more. Or who knows? Maybe their site is just defective, linking to wedges instead of flats.

If anyone knows, please let me know. I'd love a pair of the red flats, they are lovely, and I like how the toe-part kinda looks like a cat, with whiskers and all. lol

AUDREY3COLORFLATS.GIF

Lily Powers

Practically Family
Blondie said:
YOU ROCK !!!!!!!!!!!!!;)

I do indeed Rock... just not as much as I thought. My camera is in use by someone else today, but I did go back inside to look at them. The patent leather flats with the square enhancement on the toes is a style called "Mondrian." (Probably because the little toe thing looks like the art of Mondrian.) The other two styles, regular leather, black and red, have a little keyhole opening in them on the top. The style may be "Marlanne" or "Marianne." I couldn't read the handwriting on the little price sticker. But they are "Deluxe Remix Vintage Classics."

Laura Chase, pretty soon you'll be able to walk into this same store and swoon over any of the 8 Remix styles they currently have, including the flats! :)

Audrey Horne

Practically Family
Those flats are cute! I love the red too. I have the same problem with the wedges coming up.

Laura Chase said:
Ooooooh, I'm so excited! Yaaay Santa Cruz! :D :D :D
:eek:fftopic: Ooh I knew you were moving to the US but somehow I missed that it was Santa Cruz! I'm not in the area anymore but I grew up not far from there. Have you visited yet?

JennyLou

Practically Family
I have always wanted the pleated toe wedge sandal in black, so two years ago I went to the shop to buy them. I ended up walking out with the Anita 1930's heel. I just fell in love with them in the shop and I still love them but I had wish I had stuck to the original shoes. The wedge sandal look like they are more comfortable and are more for everyday wear. But I don't regret my purchase, I just regret not purchasing both pairs of shoes.

Blondie

Practically Family
Thanks Gals!!
When i google Remix Flats, it comes up with the pics,
but when i go to their website i get wedges, so they must be an older style,
i am gonna email and see if he still stocks them at the store

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
The major bonus that comes from having a shoe addicted mother: when she asked what I wanted for my b-day, I showed her the Re-Mix website and she just about died. She bought me the dark red Picassos. I had been thinking about getting them in brown or black, or maybe the navy pleated-toe sandal, something versatile and safe. I never would have bought an expensive red shoe myself. How exciting!

Inky

One Too Many
kamikat said:
The major bonus that comes from having a shoe addicted mother: when she asked what I wanted for my b-day, I showed her the Re-Mix website and she just about died. She bought me the dark red Picassos. I had been thinking about getting them in brown or black, or maybe the navy pleated-toe sandal, something versatile and safe. I never would have bought an expensive red shoe myself. How exciting!

Kamikat, I love the Picassos! Lucky girl and happy birthday :)

(p.s. I haven't forgotten I owe you a skirt pattern - coming soon, I promise!)

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
Fleur De Guerre said:
The sizing is larger! :eek: I already wear an 11 in their shoes as opposed to a 10 in most others!

Edit: oh wait, do you mean larger, as in a 10 will now fit me??:eusa_doh:

This worries me too! Last summer I tried on a pair of remix wedgies (village, I think), and size 8 was perfect for me. Now I'm lost again! Have any of you ladies compared the size change?

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
I purchased my wedges on Ebay, nearly brand new (worn twice) only about 7 months ago. I love them, but I am not at all convinced of the quality. The heel cap was very thin and I wore through it in 6 months and already had to have it replaced (and I don't come anywhere near wearing these every day). Also, on the inside of one of the straps, the leather backing cracked and is already peeling up. God knows how much this will cost to fix.

I'm really glad I got these cheap ($15) because if I'd paid full price for these, I would be furious. This is not at all the quality I expect from a $140+ pair of shoes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy