Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Remix Shoes!!

Inky

One Too Many
Kitty, i'm sorry your remix shoes weren't up to par, but glad you didn't pay much for them. So far I have had good luck with them myself. I have the pair you have (the pleated toe ones, right?) that I bought used and the gal that had them before me had a few repairs done and the soles replaced, but she said she'd worn them heavily for dancing.

I'd like to check out lipstick vogue, i'm not familiar with that brand - do you have a link?

Inky

One Too Many
doh! never mind, easy enough, lol

http://www.lipstickvogue.com/

(in my defense, no coffee yet)

EDIT: Oh, those are from http://www.bearflagrepublicusa.com/ I have the Rosie Red ones and bought them a couple of years ago. They are absolutely identical to the Remix brand and I would bet they are made by the same factory in Mexico. The boxes and numbering codes on the shoes are nearly identical to Remix shoes I have. They have an ebay store with some shoes at better prices http://stores.shop.ebay.com/bearflag13547__W0QQ_armrsZ1

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
I've had my Remix pleated toe sandals re-heeled twice in the last 3 years, but they're still gong strong, despite looking a bit tatty these days. I could do with a new pair. I also tried on a pair of pink ones in the next size down than I usually get, and they fitted much better! :eusa_doh: And this is the old sizing, not the new, adjusted one. So god knows what I'd need now!

Cherry_Bombb

A-List Customer
I have a pair of these grey/ black Promenade:
promenbwn350.gif

The Promenade's are super comfy through the toes and the cushioned sole. The problem I have with them is the elastic band that goes across the upper arch of the foot. It's the right amount of stretch for walking, but it sits in a weird place that just gets uncomfortable over time.

A black pair of the Baby Doll Pumps:
babydollpumps1.jpg

I love these shoes! I got them at the store for a discount because they were worn once for a fashion show and then returned to the store. Apparently this is a common thing- people renting the shoes- so check into it if that doesn't bother you! They generally run @ about $138 and I paid $80. I've had them for about 3 years now. The leather is starting to look like I wear them all the time (because I do). But I haven't needed to resole them or have anything else repaired on them yet.

And I had a pair of the Luggage Brown Rita Pumps:
ritablksm.jpg

I sold these after trying to wear them once. The bow had the same problems that you ladies were mentioning. It felt loose and I was afraid of losing it. Matter of fact one of the bows was a shoe clip and the other was glued on. [huh] They ran about a size too big for me, and I tend to fit their sizes exactly. And even though they were a size too big, they still pinched my toes!

Oh yes- and the owner of the store is super nice! When I went in I told him that I was only in LA for the day and I was from Philly. I had traveled by cab across LA from the House of Blues to get there and I only had 20 minutes to shop. He not only dropped everything to help me out, gave me a discount on a pair of the baby doll pumps, but he threw in an alligator skin compact from the 40's as a bonus gift! I can't wait to go back!

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
I'm starting to get mad @ Remix. My mom bought me a pair of shoes in June for my birthday. At the time, they told her they were backordered and should ship July 1. On July 1, she called to find out if they had shipped. They told her August 1. Here it is, almost August 15 and no shoes. At this rate, once they come, it will be too cold for sandals. I'm considering having the order canceled.

Blondie

Practically Family
kamikat said:
I'm starting to get mad @ Remix. My mom bought me a pair of shoes in June for my birthday. At the time, they told her they were backordered and should ship July 1. On July 1, she called to find out if they had shipped. They told her August 1. Here it is, almost August 15 and no shoes. At this rate, once they come, it will be too cold for sandals. I'm considering having the order canceled.
WOW that is BAD customer service !!!!!!
Why have them on their website if they don't have them is stock ?
I would be pissed off BIG TIME:rage:

Inky

One Too Many
I agree, that's bad service if they aren't communicating with you. Do you want them bad enough or maybe order a different pair that is in stock more suitable to your colder weather?

I had hoped to visit Remix while I was in LA this week but it was a quick 24 hour trip, though I may have to go down again on Monday.

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
I just got off the phone with someone there. He was really surprised that they hadn't sent them and promised to send them out today and I should get them in 2-3 business days.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Inky said:
I had hoped to visit Remix while I was in LA this week but it was a quick 24 hour trip, though I may have to go down again on Monday.

The store is okay, I wasnt too impressed. The people who sell the shoes (at least the ones Ive met) dont really know much about the styles or history of them. They are urban hipsters, and frankly that is their largest buying block.

Seems Remix isnt too keen on their presentation either, as their website is still very, VERY lame. But hey, they make cute cute shoes and are pretty much the only game in town, I guess they can do what they want.

LD

Inky

One Too Many
Lady Day said:
The store is okay, I wasnt too impressed. The people who sell the shoes (at least the ones Ive met) dont really know much about the styles or history of them. They are urban hipsters, and frankly that is their largest buying block.

Seems Remix isnt too keen on their presentation either, as their website is still very, VERY lame. But hey, they make cute cute shoes and are pretty much the only game in town, I guess they can do what they want.

LD

that's good to know - i mostly just want to try on some different styles so i can see how they fit and sizing. I have a few pair but the only one I have my eyeballs on next is the black and white spectator open toe shoe.

bw102.JPG

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Ive tried those on :) I wear about a 9/10, but would go with a 9 as the leather will stretch.
The people who are the most helpful with the shoes are the ones you see selling them at vintage events. They are always nice.

LD

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
I think I've given up on Re-Mix shoes. I thought that maybe my first pair were uncomfortable because the patent leather wasn't softening like regular leather. Now that I have a second pair, in a different style and regular leather, I see there's no difference. While cute as a button, they are the most uncomfortable shoes I own.

texasgirl

One Too Many
Inky, I have those- they are really comfy. A little narrow, but I have a wider foot. But they stretched fine, and I wear them every chance I get :) I have the red and they are a dark red, with kinda brown undertones, not a bright red.

Kamikat, not sure which styles you have? I have the Dara as mentioned. And I have 2 pair of heels, 20s-30s styles. I've have the Savoy which I've worn quite a bit. I had to put some insoles in them because they didn't have much padding, but they are very comfy. And I have the Uptown, but I haven't gotten to wear them yet, although I am planning on trying to break them in for a show in a couple weeks.

But really, with so many brands making comfy, retro styles, Remix are pretty high. I've gotten all of mine on clearance or ebay, except my husband bought me the Savoys for Christmas.

Inky

One Too Many
Texasgirl - thank you for the fit feedback - i have a wide-ish foot and a high instep, always a pain to fit shoes. Sadly I am on a spending freeze right now but since I always love a bargain and detest spending full retail for anything, I hope someone an take advantage of the price break.

Kamikat - i'm sorry remix doesn't work for you. I have a few pair and find them very comfy. texasgirl is right though - with so many retro-styled shoes available now, at least we have options!

i'd love a pair of rocket originals but i'm afraid to order from overseas and have them not fit.

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
Inky said:
that's good to know - i mostly just want to try on some different styles so i can see how they fit and sizing. I have a few pair but the only one I have my eyeballs on next is the black and white spectator open toe shoe.

bw102.JPG

Maybe this is just me...but whatever you do...do not get the spectator too big....my foot slides around in mine too much and i end up with sores over the entire ball of my foot.....

Inky

One Too Many
thanks to a $25 gift card I earned simply by making payments on my cable TV, I got the Re-mix Kate for $69.13 at Amazon (on sale in both black - $94.13 and a pale yellow - $119.28 at this writing).

yay me! (who needs more shoes like a hole in my head).

517mOsAzx5L._AA280_.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy