Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Reproduction classic workwear

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
RRL
$T2eC16hHJHgE9n0yHGLBBQjFmRemDg~~60_3.JPG

*drooooooooool*

Mr Badger

Practically Family
Just to confirm that my re-ordered ASOS knockoffs of the Filson vests turned up today, and that the size L labelled '40-42" chest' on the site is actually a true 44" chest that's big enough for me to wear a t-shirt and a five-button GI sweater underneath, and they're the perfect length.

So unless folks really want an oversize vest, order one size down from their usual... they're still on sale for £15 each, a bargain!

I got a green one and another in blue...

image1xxl.jpg

image1xxl.jpg

potemkin_city_limits

One of the Regulars
H&M has a whole bunch of great stuff this season. Its worth checking out. I picked up a pair of selvedge straight leg denim today for $79 and they have a lot of workwear style shirts and sweaters as well as a really cool herringbone wool vest.

Rick Blaine

Just to confirm that my re-ordered ASOS knockoffs of the Filson vests turned up today, and that the size L labelled '40-42" chest' on the site is actually a true 44" chest that's big enough for me to wear a t-shirt and a five-button GI sweater underneath, and they're the perfect length.

So unless folks really want an oversize vest, order one size down from their usual... they're still on sale for £15 each, a bargain!

I got a green one and another in blue...

image1xxl.jpg

image1xxl.jpg

A BARGAIN indeed & FREE SHIPPING to the states!

Thanks for the heads up, ya'll...I mean 'mate'!

potemkin_city_limits

One of the Regulars
I dont know if this has been mentioned but if you are into reproduction workwear you should check out Klaxon Howl. It is a Toronto heritage brand that makes some amazing workwear and military inspired pieces.

I live down the street from their flagship store and have become friends with the owner over the past year. Its definitely one of my favorite brands. I tell him often that he needs to step up his web presence and make the online store better. If you do a google search you can see the type of stuff they produce. I can speak first hand about how great the quality is and the price point is really not so bad for what they offer.

Check out http://www.jessbaumung.com/web/klaxonhowl_ss2013/ for some photos I took at the SS/2013 fashion show they had recently as well as http://workingtodeath.tumblr.com/post/29226618738/here-is-my-klaxon-howl-pleated-denim-jacket-im-a to see some photos of my KH pleated denim jacket.

Flat Foot Floey

Agreed. I quite like the cut but both buffalo plaid and corduroy I only wear occasionally. And together? No, rather not.

Don't miss the Freewheelers thread in the outerwear forum. Looks a lot better than the new cowboy themed collections of Mister Freedom and RRL imo.

Last edited:

flat-top

There was a newbie post about great deals on LVC that got deleted, which was thought to be spam. It actually was not. It was the link to one of those "invite only" designer close-out sites.
I saw the same fellow posting the link on another forum and the subsequent posters were raving about it so I went for it. I must say, they did have the cheapest prices on LVC that I've ever seen. Past season's stuff obviously but so what?
I'll repost the link now as my invite to you guys. It seems they don't ship to Europe so my apologies to most of my fellow workwear friends.
The LVC event ends on Monday.
https://secure.us.venteprivee.com/ExternalLinks/PSL.ashx?cypher=Fnt7Br5oBeHd1fYDfVm94w==

Well, almost a month later and my LVC stuff arrived today! I'm not sure why the shipping took so long (my wife thinks that sites like these get the merchandise from the vendors only after the orders are placed, which may be the case).
But regardless, I am THRILLED with my purchase! I hope anyone else that ordered gets theirs soon!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner