Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Reproduction classic workwear

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
On that same theme, there is some amazing workwear type stuff made by another urban brand called Crooks & Castles. I found a rack full at a hip hop store, all of it was also marked "sample" but alas it was sized medium. Salt & Pepper jackets, buckle back pants...really killer stuff.

Flat Foot Floey

I gambled with the cheap inhouse brand at ASOS and got mixed results.
This hunting vest is a shameless Filson rip off. Made of boiled wool mix but heavy enough to serve the purpose. Layering for colder weather. On SALE for about 20 euros. I am quite happy for it considering the price.
asosweste.jpg

I also bought a striped chambray workshirt. Nice details like asymmetrical pockets and chinstrap but very thin fabric and a slim fit. I will send it back (free shipping both ways)
I think most of the stuff is rather slim fit so you might want buy one size bigger than usual.

Last edited:

esteban68

Call Me a Cab
d2507325.jpg

223c3e12.jpg

High waisted 1920's cut canvas jeans with fish tail back. Accessorised with leather braces/suspenders. Took time out to photograph this, but my Havanna and Espresso can't be kept waiting Gents, as it's a lovely evening out here :)

Reading back through I found this post by Paddy, checked out COWS site and they do appear to be very good value, does anyone have any knowledge of these trousers as I intend to order a few if they post to the UK? what's the quality like?....how have yours held up Paddy?

Last edited:

Mr Badger

Practically Family
I gambled with the cheap inhouse brand at ASOS and got mixed results.
This hunting vest is a shameless Filson rip off. Made of boiled wool mix but heavy enough to serve the purpose. Layering for colder weather. On SALE for about 20 euros. I am quite happy for it considering the price.
asosweste.jpg

Thanks for the tip, Flooey, I just bagged this vest in both blue and green fer a total of £30, got 'em in XXL (46") to allow for layering – gah, kids these days, they're either the size of tanks or whippet thin, eh? :D

esteban68

Call Me a Cab
Mr B let me know how they fit as I also was thinking of one of each colour, I am a 42" spot on fit and was thinking of the XL size to go over a long sleeve T and a thick/denim/canvas shirt and under a leather 'barnstormer type jacket, out of interest what size are you?

Mr Badger

Practically Family
Hey Esteban,

Well, I'm 44" chest and I figured that if they're making an XXL (46) that then that'll leave me an okay amount of room for a thick shirt & undershirt... what is it with these fashion brands, eh? It's guesswork as to their sizing – some things I've bought labelled size 44 measure out to 50" across the chest, whereas as others, notably the more 'directional' *shudders* brands, often the actual chest measurement is smaller than the label size! You woulda thought that 'fits true to size' or 'runs one size large' are easy ways to explain the fit of a garment for online shoppers... anyway, rant over, I'll let ya know! :D

Flat Foot Floey

asosweste.jpg

Maybe the sizing is not that much off. The vest in L worn with a khaki twill shirt still has some room. Earlier today I wore it with a RL corduroy pullover work shirt and it was good.
BTW first pic of the brown dyed swedish work pants. The dye is not perfectly even (some dark streaks and a little ligther /greener on the thick seams) but I didn't see it in natural light yet. Close up pictures coming soon in the other thread.

Flat Foot Floey

Green with some strange red hues if you mean this. Seller is called armywarehouse or something. They are smaller than my first pair but I just noticed after washing and dyeing them.
The new color is strange too. In artificial light it looks darker and greener almost like a dark babour. In the sunshine it is a good brown

Mr Badger

Practically Family
Mr B let me know how they fit as I also was thinking of one of each colour, I am a 42" spot on fit and was thinking of the XL size to go over a long sleeve T and a thick/denim/canvas shirt and under a leather 'barnstormer type jacket, out of interest what size are you?

Hey Esteban, well, unfortunately the vests turned up tonite and despite being described as "XXL (46)" on the site are waaaay huge, not slimfit as Flooey suspected or even "standard fit" as it says – in fact, armpit to armpit they measured 50"! So figuring that if all of the sizes run 4" larger than the ticket, I've sent 'em back and ordered Larges... quality was pretty good though... really, they should provide proper measurements for these types of operation, on balance, simply having someone with a measuring tape go over each garment would be far cheaper than providing a 'no cost' postage returns service... anyhoo, I'll let ya know what the "L (40-42)" turn out like – prolly 45-46" chest, which would be A-OK...

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
A 4" drop from garment chest size to tag size is the standard. It always annoys me when ebay sellers have a jacket with, say, a 40" chest and they list is as a size 40 instead of properly as a size 36. Suit vests usually have a drop of only an inch or two, but as this is an outerwear vest, that sizing sounds pretty true to size.

Mr Badger

Practically Family
A 4" drop from garment chest size to tag size is the standard. It always annoys me when ebay sellers have a jacket with, say, a 40" chest and they list is as a size 40 instead of properly as a size 36. Suit vests usually have a drop of only an inch or two, but as this is an outerwear vest, that sizing sounds pretty true to size.

Hey Dinerman (loving both of your blogs, BTW!), after actually laying my hands on 'em, I'd like to wear the vests quite fitted as their cut is quite boxy, and being well over 6" tall and broad, anything more roomy will just make me look very Golem-like... yeah, folks' inability to list sizes properly/measure garments accurately on Ebay has seen me come a cropper more than once, so I'm with ya on that one... :eusa_clap

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Thank you!
They can get really funny sizing wise. I have two vests from Banana republic (of all places) that I had to buy the Extra-Small sizes in to get something that fit me. I'm in the 38-40 range. . .

IMG_6211.jpg

IMG_6113_zps158f463f.jpg

Flat Foot Floey

Sorry if I misguided you on the sizes. I think I mentioned winter layering? Hope shipping was free too? The chinstrap shirt was slim fit for sure. I always buy m because of the neck size (and there it fitted) If the collar is too big it looks sloppy imo. Just like you don't know how to dress yourself and your wife or mommy would buy your shirts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
islamicjankari