Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Reproduction classic workwear

potemkin_city_limits

One of the Regulars
Anyone have any info on dealing with wwiiimpressions.com? After getting this denim work shirt and finding out the size was huge I started looking into other sources for one and I found this site. I see they sell one listed as a size 38 but I wanted to see if it was going to measure huge as well.

illumin8em

A-List Customer
Anyone have any info on dealing with wwiiimpressions.com? After getting this denim work shirt and finding out the size was huge I started looking into other sources for one and I found this site. I see they sell one listed as a size 38 but I wanted to see if it was going to measure huge as well.

The stuff the offer is pretty sturdy, and I have heard from others who own their denim pieces that the construction is sound. I have only owned boots that they offer. I can't tell you about the accuracy of measurements. I have looked into the shirt they offer as well, but just can't justify the $

potemkin_city_limits

One of the Regulars
The stuff the offer is pretty sturdy, and I have heard from others who own their denim pieces that the construction is sound. I have only owned boots that they offer. I can't tell you about the accuracy of measurements. I have looked into the shirt they offer as well, but just can't justify the $

I might have to give them a call to find out then. I sent an email earlier today but didnt hear back from them.

Mr Badger

Practically Family
Been keeping an eye on ASOS since their really good Filson wool vest knock-offs (which are now on sale for £13.50!), and a trawl thru their Christmas sale pages turned up this blanket shirt which at just £15 is considerably more affordable than the LVC version and simply has to be snapped up!

ASOS:

image1xl.jpg

LVC:

image1xl.jpg

They've also got a 'blanket stripe' wool waistcoat for just £12.50, but I've got more than enough vests (!) and don't really like the quilted shoulder (although you could probably unpick and remove it if the blanket material goes all the way underneath):

image1xl.jpg

Oh, and there are some more wool vest variations here, here and here.

esteban68

Call Me a Cab
Ihope you've all had a decent Christmas I know I have....cutting to the chase and one really for UK loungers, does anyone know of a supplier for high rise classic fit indigo 'work' jeans, I need a new pair for the winter and don't want to pay the earth, I intend to put on brace buttons....I've seen a couple of companies offering Dickies at around £15 but they aren't quite dark enough, also seen Arco work jeans at £10!!!

Mr Badger

Practically Family
Ihope you've all had a decent Christmas I know I have....cutting to the chase and one really for UK loungers, does anyone know of a supplier for high rise classic fit indigo 'work' jeans, I need a new pair for the winter and don't want to pay the earth, I intend to put on brace buttons....I've seen a couple of companies offering Dickies at around £15 but they aren't quite dark enough, also seen Arco work jeans at £10!!!

Hey Esteban, I've got a pair of Freddies of Pinewood's 1940s jeans, which have a really wide leg cut, high waist, cinchback, suspender buttons already on and are made of heavy but soft selvedge denim – at £75 they're a real steal... and as far as I'm concerned, they're a much more flattering cut than the trad 'straight up and down' shape of modern or even vintage work jeans with the carpenter pocket on the side, and I've got a few pairs of those, from modern Pointer brand and US-made Carhartts to 1960s Lee 'Boss of the Road' deadstock...

fes_image.php

fes_image.php

Mr Badger

Practically Family
I second that. Got mine as slight seconds for £45 and they are great. They run pretty large.

Yeah, I forgot to say that I picked up mine when they had 'seconds' – quite how they were deemed such is beyond me! Excellent jeans, and worth the full price, especially when compared to Pike Bros or the current LVC offerings, which are waaay more expensive and, in the case of the Levi's stuff, simply not worth the money – I have checked out both of their ranges in person, BTW...

potemkin_city_limits

One of the Regulars
Anyone interested in a reproduction shawl collar WWII denim chore jacket? I got it on ebay. It arrived today and its a bit too small for me. Let me know if you are interested. It fits like a small. Measurements are below. Asking $45 plus shipping for it.

$(KGrHqJ,!j!FBt4d+f7qBQsgJ9hTsg~~60_3.JPG

Measurements are

CHEST 21"

SHOULDERS 18"

SLEEVES 23.25"

TOP TO BOTTOM 25.5"

Last edited:

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I think most of you guys have seen this awesome Levi's commercial, but it's worth watching again:eusa_clap

[video=youtube;yvfVJI9woZw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvfVJI9woZw[/video]

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
My persistance finally paid off and I found RRL at Marshall's!
A Western shirt with great pockets. I don't usually go for Western shirts anymore, but this really looks vintage....and it was only $25!

498302815_o.jpg

potemkin_city_limits

One of the Regulars
Hey Esteban, I've got a pair of Freddies of Pinewood's 1940s jeans, which have a really wide leg cut, high waist, cinchback, suspender buttons already on and are made of heavy but soft selvedge denim – at £75 they're a real steal... and as far as I'm concerned, they're a much more flattering cut than the trad 'straight up and down' shape of modern or even vintage work jeans with the carpenter pocket on the side, and I've got a few pairs of those, from modern Pointer brand and US-made Carhartts to 1960s Lee 'Boss of the Road' deadstock...

fes_image.php

fes_image.php

What is the measurement of the leg opening on those?

Mr Badger

Practically Family
What is the measurement of the leg opening on those?

They measure 11" across, giving a total of 22" – wide but very much in the 1940s style, they look brilliant with a short / fitted jacket, such as an A2 or a Levi's Type I / II, and equally suit engineer boots or saddle shoes / spectators, as the sahpe really accentuates the waist... worn with a longer, less fitted jacket, you simply don't get the visual advantage of the genuinely wide-legged cut, and they can look quite frumpy, which is something to bear in mind... I've also heard good things about Freddies' 1950s jeans, which have a slimmer silhouette...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner