Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Reproduction classic workwear

Will015

Familiar Face
Yeah, snaps for the top buttons was fairly common. I know I tend to wear my pants with suspender buttons a little bit looser than I would a pair of pants I intend to wear a belt with. If I can be more comfortable and still stylish, than why the hell not. If you look at old workwear photos, you'll see a lot of very large pants. Style was not one's main concern, comfort/function was.

These look exactly like a pair put out by Structure about 10-12 years ago. I had a a pair and wore them to death.

Here is a photo that shows those H&M work pants. They are really even cooler looking in person. H&M must have hired a designer recently who is really into workwear because they have been producing a few really nice work pieces lately.

AIMG7550B.jpg

potemkin_city_limits

One of the Regulars
Yeah, snaps for the top buttons was fairly common. I know I tend to wear my pants with suspender buttons a little bit looser than I would a pair of pants I intend to wear a belt with. If I can be more comfortable and still stylish, than why the hell not. If you look at old workwear photos, you'll see a lot of very large pants. Style was not one's main concern, comfort/function was.

They might make sense with older style high waisted pants but when they are mid rise and all the pressure is on the top button when you move around and especially when you bend over it doesnt make a lot of sense. Otherwise they are great pants though.

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
H&M have a couple of cool new vintage style camouflage pieces. A chinstrap shirt jacket, and a sweatshirt, both with simulated "trench art". I'll post pics when I can.

potemkin_city_limits

One of the Regulars
H&M have a couple of cool new vintage style camouflage pieces. A chinstrap shirt jacket, and a sweatshirt, both with simulated "trench art". I'll post pics when I can.

I saw those ones and wasnt a fan of the "New York City!!" type stuff in the camo. I didnt realize it was simulated trench art though. I thought it was just bad custom camo patterns they had made haha.

There was one really cool army type jacket in a large camo pattern. I cant totally remember what it looked like now but I remember it being pretty nice. Its too bad they dont put most of what they sell in stores on the website.

flat-top

I saw those ones and wasnt a fan of the "New York City!!" type stuff in the camo. I didnt realize it was simulated trench art though. I thought it was just bad custom camo patterns they had made haha.
It says "New York City", but also "Panama Canal" and "Tijuana", and some other locations.
The sweatshirt and the shirt jacket have different color camo, but the same drawings on them

potemkin_city_limits

One of the Regulars
Here's the shirt jacket
1010467_232607200251745_344251378_n.jpg

And here are some close ups of the sweatshirt
1621776_232610190251446_1449003809_n.jpg

1016454_232612643584534_1174073374_n.jpg

I really like the angled pocket on the jacket. Im not a huge fan of that camo pattern though. They did some stuff in a leaf camo last season that I really liked. Unfortunately the fit of the pants they did in that camo were extra slim fit so I had to pass on them but they looked really cool.

Im definitely fortunate in that I live in a city with multiple H&M locations. There is one in particular that is located in one of the main malls in Toronto that tends to carry more of the obscure stuff like the army camo pieces and these work pants I got last week.

Last time I was there I saw a few other workwear related shirts that I had mentioned before like a striped popover shirt and a couple shirt jackets with tab collars. When it comes to H&M I dont really like to make a huge effort to go and look, but if Im in the area I will always take a quick browse through the few sections that sometimes have the cool pieces and I become pleasantly surprised when I find something I actually want to wear often.

I currently only own 3 things from H&M that I really enjoy including these new jeans, the calico shirt, and a green wool button up cardigan from the Mauritz Archive Collection. I kinda wished that I had grabbed the pullover jacket from that as well but they sold out before I could get one.

This is turning out to be quite the lengthy post here.

Flat Foot Floey

Not a fan of camo at all.
The calico shirt looked great but I found it somewhat lightweight and the fit wasn't perfect for me. Crease at the chest/ shoulders. Bought the grey herringbone flannel shirt instead which seems to work better for me.
Doesn't really matter how much new items they get now. I try to buy less cheap and somewhat mediocre stuff.

Last edited:

Flat Foot Floey

Would look better as a khaki shirt with the same artwork perhaps. Or even better: varsity stuff. I think I have seen something like this in an old issue of Mens File. Jalopies, rowing ...

I didn't know h&m have an archive collection (or an own archive at all) I found this on google and like the pattern. Is it still avaivable?

8D229F4EDE1E341E5F4E22EE1741D_h498_w598_m2_q90_cpAMtourb.jpg

potemkin_city_limits

One of the Regulars
Would look better as a khaki shirt with the same artwork perhaps. Or even better: varsity stuff. I think I have seen something like this in an old issue of Mens File. Jalopies, rowing ...

I didn't know h&m have an archive collection (or an own archive at all) I found this on google and like the pattern. Is it still avaivable?

8D229F4EDE1E341E5F4E22EE1741D_h498_w598_m2_q90_cpAMtourb.jpg

Youre lucky if you can find a piece from a current H&M collection, let alone anything older. They generally just bang out new designs and patterns multiple times a season and once its gone it doesnt really come back. Its a bit of a bummer because there have been a few cool things over the years and once its gone they never make anything like it again.

flat-top

The Archive collection was out last Fall. Much more pricey than the regular lines so I couldn't justfy buying any of it, but there were some cool pieces.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk