Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Reproduction classic workwear

simonc

Practically Family
Thanks 1mach1 here is a final denim trouser finished just today, its a high rise denim work trouser with 11" hems.

zqNcSny.jpg

SXEcR8u.jpg

Edward

Bartender
RRL...DROOOOL
s7-1134658_lifestyle

I like this, though I'd want to try it before I jumped on one.... something about those patch pockets on the chest; that sort of feature on knitwear can create the impression of serious moobs if one isn't careful.

From Pioneer to Punk here is a sneak peek at what is coming to SJC kickstarter
http://imgur.com/a/J87rB

Some lovely stuff there, really hangs together as a collection. Looking forward to seeing them. I'm especially keen on the work trousers... are they going to be available in a longer length so they can be cuffed? Be nice to see them in other colours too (I'm thinking especially black, and deep green). That denim jacket is really nicely cut - would look great in wool, too...

simonc

Practically Family
Some of you may or may not know I am hosting a kickstarter a vintage inspired denim collection, it is made up of vintage cut 16oz Japanese denim which for me, for winter, is on the right size of heavy.
Check it out here https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/989257464/sjc-pioneer-to-punk-made-from-japanese-selvedge-de

Here are some pieces:

This is the Yard Boss Jacket and Jeans for bikers with Kevlar lining

My1g2rf.jpg

Big B Dunagrees they are about 11.5" at the hem to achieve that early 30's loose fit.

Lc97E79.jpg

Yard Boss 40's style jacket. Designing a denim jacket that is original in look and feel and not hammered to death has proved a rewarding challenge

bsnNR8Q.jpg

Brakeman Waist Overalls (jeans) a very nice jean

6CDIYKu.jpg

Thanks.

nick123

I'll Lock Up
Some of you may or may not know I am hosting a kickstarter a vintage inspired denim collection, it is made up of vintage cut 16oz Japanese denim which for me, for winter, is on the right size of heavy.
Check it out here https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/989257464/sjc-pioneer-to-punk-made-from-japanese-selvedge-de

Here are some pieces:

This is the Yard Boss Jacket and Jeans for bikers with Kevlar lining

My1g2rf.jpg

Big B Dunagrees they are about 11.5" at the hem to achieve that early 30's loose fit.

Lc97E79.jpg

Yard Boss 40's style jacket. Designing a denim jacket that is original in look and feel and not hammered to death has proved a rewarding challenge

bsnNR8Q.jpg

Brakeman Waist Overalls (jeans) a very nice jean

6CDIYKu.jpg

Thanks.

Best of luck. Your site looks great btw.

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Congratulations, Simon! What you've accomplished is precisely the kind of thing that first drew me to this forum. It really takes guts, imagination, talent, and what my mom would have called "stick-to-it-iveness" to create an artisinal company these days. I'm hoping that Santa will okay a pair of your jeans for me soon.

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
I'm not really a denim wearer but i have been impressed by Simon's designs. Simon has shown me some of the shirts and jeans etc and they look very strong. I've ordered myself an apron (it's for my kitchen, not for a workshop - maybe that's not the intention, but it will get some good use):
06d32ce1e4ddb43f88bcbb9558306d76_large.JPG

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Now that's a nice jacket. Levi's Vintage Homerun Moleskin Worker Jacket. Not bad priced either! I just noticed, it looks a lot like Charles Linbergh's jacket, and the one Jimmy Stewart wore in the movie!
%20Charles_Lindbergh_and_the_Spirit_of_Saint_Louis_Crisco_restoration_with_wings_zpsr1zkvjcu.jpg
%20stewart-as-charles-lindbergh_thumb_zpsmjvkcysp.jpg

Last edited:

Metatron

One Too Many
Wow, Jimmy was way too old for that role. I'm sure he played it very well regardless. ;)

By the way, I thought I'd share the fruits of my search for a good value work shirt.
These are my favourites currently available for under £50, hopefully this might save some people the effort.
(I don't own any of these but I trust these companies to offer reasonable quality)

Levis (search for 'levis stock shirt' to find plenty of discounted options)

Land's End

Gap

Recently there was some discussion about a lack of interesting fabrics on modern shirts. I was pleasantly surprised by this one I ended up buying from a local M&S outlet.

Very vintage looking cloth.
I generally find M&S to be on the safe boring side of classic in terms of design, but they have the resources to occasionally make real gems, and they do seem to be stepping up their game lately.
As far as I can tell it is sold out online, but if anyone is interested I could pick one up for them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider