Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Reproduction classic workwear

Alexi

One of the Regulars
mattfink said:
Nice overalls Alexi! Just got a pair myself...can't wait until they break in a bit more. Did you find they shrunk much after washing?

they were a bit boxy at first and are a bit more form fitting after they were washed however. I think this is as much from them breaking in as from shrinking, which the didn't do much however.

mattfink

Practically Family
Alexi said:
they were a bit boxy at first and are a bit more form fitting after they were washed however. I think this is as much from them breaking in as from shrinking, which the didn't do much however.

Thanks, I bought mine 3 sizes too big (per recommendation on the Sivletto website)...super comfortable!!!

Alexi

One of the Regulars
well yeah you need to buy by the size of your belly, not your waist or even your natural waist. I wish I bought mine a little shorter also, might just hem them.

mattfink

Practically Family
Alexi said:
well yeah you need to buy by the size of your belly, not your waist or even your natural waist. I wish I bought mine a little shorter also, might just hem them.

The waist hits even higher on some overalls for me (like bottom of the ribcage).

YETI

A-List Customer
flat_top said:
Great news; just heard from Takashi, the owner of e-workers.net in Japan. I & several others asked him to make his shirts in a real XL size, and he has done that! Now available for just JPY1500 more. Link here:

http://www.e-workers.net/store/27/top.htm

Send him an email for info. in English. You can pay through Paypal.
What would the dimensions be in a true XL size? 26 inches from armpit to armpit?

Alexi

One of the Regulars
so I picked up that gap chambray shirt with a little 20% off coupon today, also the store I stoped buy has a bunch of those pullover work shirts.

mattfink

Practically Family
flat_top said:
Great news; just heard from Takashi, the owner of e-workers.net in Japan. I & several others asked him to make his shirts in a real XL size, and he has done that! Now available for just JPY1500 more. Link here:

http://www.e-workers.net/store/27/top.htm

Send him an email for info. in English. You can pay through Paypal.

Got the same email...ordering the Lot 3209!!! Can't wait!!! Looks like the persistence finally paid off.

resortes805

Call Me a Cab
DSC_0654.jpg
DSC_0656.jpg
DSC_0657.jpg
DSC_0660.jpg
DSC_0665.jpg
DSC_0666.jpg
DSC_0661.jpg

resortes805

Call Me a Cab
flat-top said:
Resortes!! Tell us more about these jeans! The fit? Price? They look pretty cool!

I found these jeans earlier last month at Wasteland on Melrose. They were tagged as having a 32 inch waist, so I kind of dismissed them as too small. I went home and did a little research on the label and ran across this article.

http://www.acontinuouslean.com/2008/07/14/the-stronghold/

When I went back to Wasteland I noticed they were still there so I bought these two pairs for around $70 each. I was planning on reselling them on ebay, but when I tried them on, they fit!

The fit of the white stiched USN style jeans is great; with a full cut thigh and knee and the waist stops just below my navel. The herringbone bucklebacks have a shorter rise (similar to a modern 501) but are pretty much identical fit-wise.

They had more on the racks, mostly these sans suspenders:
STR01234_161783.jpg

Guttersnipe

One Too Many
resortes805 said:
I found these jeans earlier last month at Wasteland on Melrose. They were tagged as having a 32 inch waist, so I kind of dismissed them as too small. I went home and did a little research on the label and ran across this article.

http://www.acontinuouslean.com/2008/07/14/the-stronghold/

When I went back to Wasteland I noticed they were still there so I bought these two pairs for around $70 each. I was planning on reselling them on ebay, but when I tried them on, they fit!

The fit of the white stiched USN style jeans is great; with a full cut thigh and knee and the waist stops just below my navel. The herringbone bucklebacks have a shorter rise (similar to a modern 501) but are pretty much identical fit-wise.

They had more on the racks, mostly these sans suspenders:

Wow! That's a killer find! I always check the jeans rack in thrift shop for high end re-pops, but never find anything...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany