Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Reproduction classic workwear

mike

Call Me a Cab
mattfink said:
BTW, the guy in the striped outfit with the Tattoos is the owner of Sivletto!

I am pretty tattooed myself. I'm talking about how they need to market this extreme look to appeal to a people or they don't have a chance in getting rid of their stock. Whether it was intentional to the one site in question or part of the decision making process in picking the models for the original LVC photoshoot there was probably a line of thought that went something like: Take a picture of cool looking guys and girls who are 'with it' so that customers say, "hey, I can rock that style too!"

Pick up what I'm puttin down? [huh]

mattfink

Practically Family
mike said:
I am pretty tattooed myself. I'm talking about how they need to market this extreme look to appeal to a people or they don't have a chance in getting rid of their stock. Whether it was intentional to the one site in question or part of the decision making process in picking the models for the original LVC photoshoot there was probably a line of thought that went something like: Take a picture of cool looking guys and girls who are 'with it' so that customers say, "hey, I can rock that style too!"

Pick up what I'm puttin down? [huh]

LOL! I was just poking a little fun...the tattooed guy is definitely not part of the Levi's campaign.

mike

Call Me a Cab
mattfink said:
LOL! I was just poking a little fun...the tattooed guy is definitely not part of the Levi's campaign.

(Me too!) But he is rightfully, trying to sell his product!

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
mike said:
They are going to have so much of this left over they won't know what to do with it :eusa_doh:

This is SWEDEN- don't worry, it'll all sell.
He's also selling to the whole World.
He'll run out of stock.

3018_2009711012392060748.jpg

And his name is Per.
Don't forget it.

B
T

mattfink

Practically Family
Doug C said:
mattfink wrote:

Hey Mr. Fink, would you mind elaborating on this jacket and perhaps (please) post a picture or two of it. What do you think of the denim.. is it heavy or lightweight? Could you maybe post the measurements for the size you got? Oh and what are the buttons like? I've been considering one of these over the buzz rickson version (which I may not ever be able to afford). Thanks for anything else on it!

Doug C

Sorry it took so long on this! It's a pretty stiff denim that's got a nice graininess to it. I haven't washed mine, but I would imagine it would soften up over time. The size I bought was a tagged 46, but is more like a 44. It measures 21" shoulder to shoulder, 23 1/2" armpit to armpit, 24 1/2" shoulder to cuff and 30" collar fold to bottom. I wish the sleeves were a tad longer, but I'm sure it's cut pretty much like the original. Here's a couple of pics:

P1013120.jpg

P1013122.jpg

P1013123.jpg

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
mattfink said:
The prison stripe jeans are just plain silly...some of the other stuff is already up on here:

www.sivletto.com

Be sure to choose English as I'm sure most of you can't read Swedish!!!
Is it just me, or are the descriptions, even in the English version of the site, still in Swedish?

mike

Call Me a Cab
flat-top said:
From Speedway
!BZzrOc!!2k~$(KGrHgoOKiIEjlLmWN(BBKohYgFG1g~~_12.JPG

I dig that! I have a hickory stripe Sugar Cane shirt though that I think is close enough. If I have a flat blue chambray work shirt, then I don't need 4 variations of the same thing, you know? I have my eye on some plaids! :D

Although, the watch chain hole is a terrific detail on this one!!!

Alexi

One of the Regulars
not really a vintagie picture, but them bibs are very uhh trad? Roundhouse #907 "low back"
7319_130410567631_707987631_2465720_2540439_n.jpg

sorry that i'm wearing them so low, but really it's the only way to go if you are squatting for awhile laying brick

illumin8em

A-List Customer
Alexi said:
not really a vintagie picture, but them bibs are very uhh trad? Roundhouse #907 "low back"
7319_130410567631_707987631_2465720_2540439_n.jpg

sorry that i'm wearing them so low, but really it's the only way to go if you are squatting for awhile laying brick

do you like the lowbacks better than the highback/traditional backs?
well, you obviously like them enough to own a pair, and i guess it would only apply if you had tried on or owned the other. anyway, been thinking about trying a pair. i too throw brick.

Alexi

One of the Regulars
the low backs are much much more comfortable in hot weather. The full backs however are much more supportive of weight in the pockets or in the tool loop. I had a tree felling wedge in each of the rear pockets the other day and the elastic straps on the back did not do such a great job supporting the weight. When it gets cold out I also prefer having my lower back covered to conserve some heat.

mattfink

Practically Family
Nice overalls Alexi! Just got a pair myself...can't wait until they break in a bit more. Did you find they shrunk much after washing?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats