Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Reproduction classic workwear

Alexi

One of the Regulars
mattfink said:
I have them both...you are right about the one with the selvage having a tage on the front. It's a United Garment Workers type tag.

$98 worth the extra 48 bucks?

illumin8em

A-List Customer
i have both of the Gap chambray, and i do not really like either of them. they have a decent length to to the from and tail, but the sides are too short to stay tucked in to pants without pooping out as i walk. the front and back stay tucked, but the sides just pop out. they blue is definitely not as nice as my j.crew, but works well enough

mattfink

Practically Family
Alexi said:
$98 worth the extra 48 bucks?

Yeah, it's worth the cash when compared to the prices on Japanese brands. The ones they sell at the outlet malls are made specificially made to sell there. I haven't seen them on line at all on the J Crew website.

Doug C

Practically Family
mattfink wrote:
Also have the USN denim deck jacket with the shawl collar...very nice!

Hey Mr. Fink, would you mind elaborating on this jacket and perhaps (please) post a picture or two of it. What do you think of the denim.. is it heavy or lightweight? Could you maybe post the measurements for the size you got? Oh and what are the buttons like? I've been considering one of these over the buzz rickson version (which I may not ever be able to afford). Thanks for anything else on it!

Doug C

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
The other day. Mine's one of the ones from the gap, does anyone recognize the stripe pullover chinstrap band collar one on the right?
9122_130301860908_630485908_2365793.jpg

mike

Call Me a Cab
Mysterious Mose said:
C'mon, this lounge ain't big enough for two flat tops.

lol says the guy with ten posts! At least one is big into the Indiana Jones adventuring and the other is strictly a fountain pen aficionado!

DoubleXX

One of the Regulars
Mysterious Mose said:
C'mon, this lounge ain't big enough for two flat tops.

Yeah, well, if I'd known there was another I'd have chosen another user name. Too late now, I guess.

For the record Mike, I'm not into fountain pens or Indiana Jones stuff...vintage 30s workwear and 50s rock 'n roll threads are my interests. :D

Anyway, I was just trying to give you all a head's up on the e-workers shirts and their bizarre sizes. I really dig their clothes but I think I'll spend my cash on some of the new Mr. Freedom items due out soon...

mike

Call Me a Cab
I was kidding, it was a jooooke n'yuck N'YUCK :p

What new Mr. Freedom stuff? I have never seen there products in person. One of my buddies just got a fantastic WAREHOUSE shirt on clearance from a connection in Japan. He said it was last years model and therefore was able to get it for a deeeep discount...!

mike

Call Me a Cab
Any links?

I can say the new LVC line does not particularly push my buttons as they have gone with a primarily (vintage) prison inspired line this year.

levis-vintage-collection-2009-autumn-winter-main1-500x3331.jpg

levis-vintage-fw09-21.jpg

levis-vintage-fw09-11.jpg

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
mike said:
Any links?

I can say the new LVC line does not particularly push my buttons as they have gone with a primarily (vintage) prison inspired line this year.

levis-vintage-collection-2009-autumn-winter-main1-500x3331.jpg

levis-vintage-fw09-21.jpg

levis-vintage-fw09-11.jpg
Call me crazy but I kinda like this stuff.

mike

Call Me a Cab
flat-top said:
Call me crazy but I kinda like this stuff.

You would wear prison stripes out of the house? I really dig the sweater and the overalls but that's about it for me personally. :)

Mysterious Mose

Practically Family
mike said:
lol says the guy with ten posts! At least one is big into the Indiana Jones adventuring and the other is strictly a fountain pen aficionado!

Yeah, I know, I'm shy. But i've been wearing/collecting vintage clothes for twentyfive years so I know what I'm reading about :) . But the moment a Belly/Tank, or Creeping+Past will show up, my lurking days are over.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred