Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Reproduction classic workwear

mattfink

Practically Family
David Conwill said:
Stupid me for opening this thread thinking I'd find clothes I could wear to change my oil or re-roof the house. There is no way I'd work in a $100 shirt and $300 pants, I'd be terrified of wrecking them! Neat looking stuff, though, I wish real work clothes still looked that good.

-Dave

Plenty of affordable and destroyable stuff on here:

www.pointerbrand.com

www.round-house.com

All made in USA!

s_crumb

Familiar Face
mattfink said:
Wish that covert black shirt was on sale...no way I'd pay $286! The guy at KT&H only charges about $130 for his hand made shirts. These are definitely nice, but ouch!

KT&H? Do they have a website?

pablocham

One of the Regulars
E-workers is great, quality second to none. I am lucky to be short and sleight, so their clothing fits me well, but if you have long arms, you might run into trouble. Just send them an email.

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Button Fly

Does any one make button fly jeans at a reasonable price? Levis 501s have become nothing but junk! I would like something that last more then a year and a half! I was given a pair of 501 jeans for Christmas, my usual 32-32, when I tried them on they were about 9" to small. Went to Sears to exchange them, no sales ticket, but they were nice about it! Tried on another pair of 32s, same thing, then another, even tighter. So I took a pair of 32, two pairs of 33s, 34, and for good measure a pair of 36s. 32 and 33 about the same, so I tried the 36, they only came to each side of my waist! The 34s were a little lose, but at this point I didn't care. After two washings, I have to synch up the belt to keep them up, and I forgot to check length, 32" more like 35"! I hope turned up cuffs come back in style.

Alexi

One of the Regulars
Mysterious Mose said:
Can't destroy Pointerbrand, took me three years to break in a chorecoat.

I wish I could say the same for roundhouse, very disappointed in the stitching, half a dozen washings and my bibs seams started to come apart

mattfink

Practically Family
marineabilly said:
Anyone from the U.S. have any experience with ordering from e-workers?

I have, the guy is amazing the products are some of the best and most accurate repro's out there. There will be no issue getting stuff in your size. Only issue being his L is really like a small M. The guy is fantastic to deal with as well.

This is how it works. He posts upcoming items and takes orders for them in advance. You'll need to check the website to make sure you don't get left out of on something you really want. I'm not sure how much extra stock he creates, but it doesn't seem to be a lot.

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I need to stay out of the Levi's store. Today I saw an awesome chambray shirt:
http://us.levi.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3896250&cp=3146842.3146843.2765287
But I already have this one by Koto:
6a00d8341c974f53ef01127910681228a4-250wi

There was also a railroad stripe shirt with COOL tilted U shaped pockets. I can't find any pics online. It's pretty great though.

volatile

A-List Customer
marineabilly said:
I also ordered the new Mister Freedom Chino Riders last night from Japan using a Proxy for approx $240'ish shipped.

Which proxy do you use, and via which site? I need to get myself some of those!

marineabilly

A-List Customer
MF CHINO RIDERS

volatile said:
Which proxy do you use, and via which site? I need to get myself some of those!

I use Japan Auction Agency and ordered it from Hinoya. If you are looking for a 34 or 36 they are sold out. It ended up costing me an extra $25 for shipping.

They will sell here for $399 when they do come out.

On SuFu I was asked what the process for JAA was and this is what I wrote, FYI:

"I use Japan Auction Agency (JAA) as my proxy. The retail price, in Yen, of the Chinos are 20,790. JAA takes 2,163 commission, 947 transaction fee and 300 bank fee for a total of 24,200. After they purchase the item from Hinoya and recieve the product, they determine the weight and shipping. Before completing the order, JAA sends you the adjusted cost with shipping. I got an e-mail last night saying it was 21,00 shipping for a grand total of 26,300 or $295. Still a savings especially since they aren't available here in the States yet.

I ordered a couple/few days ago and recieved confirmation that it was sent, so I should see it in less than a week from now."

marineabilly

A-List Customer
CHINSTRAP WORKWEAR SHIRT

I was out shopping last night and happened upon some real cool plaid flannel workwear shirts with chinstraps and gussets. The price was too good to pass up, so I got an extra size Large for someone into the same type of clothing.

You pay shipping and the shirt is yours. What's the catch? Integrity. What I mean by that is, if you are in such a remote location that there is no Gap or Gap Outlet and you don't have access to deals like this, then this one is for you. Like I said, the deal was too good, so I'm passing on the deal.

Oh, one more catch. It'll be sent out when the wife makes another trip to the post office, which is pretty much once a week or so.

Don't know yet how I'll choose (if more than one PM me), so...[huh]

Photobucket isn't working at the moment, so I'll have pictures up soonest.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy