Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Reproduction classic workwear

mattfink

Practically Family
That looks like the stuff that Pointer has been making for the Japanese market. Probably the same materials as their regular jackets, but with some different design details.

Feraud

Bartender
The Levi's store has an interesting work jacket on the sale rack. It has two chest pockets set slightly lower on the body, it is either a 5 or 6 button closure with pleats down the sides of the closure.
Has anyone seen this or bought one?

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Feraud said:
The Levi's store has an interesting work jacket on the sale rack. It has two chest pockets set slightly lower on the body, it is either a 5 or 6 button closure with pleats down the sides of the closure.
Has anyone seen this or bought one?
Is it off white with a buckle back? I have it. It has a strange fit but pretty great for the price.

illumin8em

A-List Customer
Feraud said:
Yes. They had the off-white and a dark denim. I too thought the fit odd but agree on the price. :)

i have been hoping someone would have purchased this by now, so i can see how bad the fit is. (I do not have a levis store within 6hrs of me) I have been craving an affordable type I or II for along time and this seems to be a mixture of the two.

marineabilly

A-List Customer
Feraud said:
Yes. They had the off-white and a dark denim. I too thought the fit odd but agree on the price. :)

Yeah, I visited the Levis store yesterday and they, too, were on the sale rack. Do NOT waste your money on these. They are disperportionate and you won't find any size that would fit you. Sleeves are WAYYYY long. The Filson workwear trucker jacket looked great, though!:eusa_clap

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I DID see some decent things at Levis today. A "faded" red chambray, not with a chinstrap but a cigarette pocket, and a salt and pepper covert shirt with metal cat eye buttons. I don't see them online yet.

PoohBang

Suspended
I just picked up a red chambray from Land's End of all places... They have a new line called "Canvas 1963" and it's pretty nice for the money...

More detailed pics on my blog.....

DSC05311.jpg

DSC05315.jpg

Doug C

Practically Family
Hey thanks for the heads up on that Canvas '63 stuff poobang, there are a couple of things I may get... that shirt of yours, and a pair of their 100% cotton sweatpants (why no grey though :rolleyes: ), etc.. not too overly priced. I believe Jcrew must have a hand somehow in that line of clothes, some things are just too similar, like a "jaspe'" T for instance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner