Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Reproduction classic workwear

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Nah, they're junk and I already got my refund - shipping to me - 20% "discretionary" re-stocking fee - shipping back to them ($30 to try on pants). I sent RJ a link to one of these reviews, as I've posted the same thing on styleforum and superfuture. If I'm going to spend time modifying something, I'll start with a better base.

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I'll give those a lookie next time I'm in. Never been a denim chap until someone pointed out I look good in it - go figure, but my curiosity is getting the better of me know with work-wear.

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
A friend of mine over at Golden West Clothing just branched out into custom-made workwear reproductions. I've seen her work first hand- really top notch stuff.

p1050253.jpg

p1050260.jpg

p1050276.jpg

p1050282.jpg

p1050270.jpg

big-yank.jpg

Last edited:

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Somewhere in the 129 pages of this thread, someone posted a link to someone selling indigo dot stifel-esque reproduction fabric. I've gone through and can't seem to locate it- does anyone remember the link?

Mr Badger

Practically Family
50% off clearance in store at Levi's this weekend! They have some great stuff, all just recently marked down.

You folks on that side of the pond may have some great stuff in yer regular Levi's stores but the European range is really pretty awful - the workshirts look like a five-year-old's version. And that's being unkind to young un's... why they and Gap simply don't have the same global ranges is beyond me...

BTW, a pair of LVC jeans is now over £200 in the UK, I dunno how they justify a year-on-year range price hike of around 60% RRP...

repeatclicks

Practically Family
You folks on that side of the pond may have some great stuff in yer regular Levi's stores but the European range is really pretty awful - the workshirts look like a five-year-old's version. And that's being unkind to young un's... why they and Gap simply don't have the same global ranges is beyond me...

BTW, a pair of LVC jeans is now over £200 in the UK, I dunno how they justify a year-on-year range price hike of around 60% RRP...

You can either go to Cultizm or go to Cinch in Newburgh street and lowball them. My friend got a pair of 1947s for £180, and I bet they will do less. Either way, its a sh&%tload of money to spend on jeans, and this is coming from someone who collects 1950s clothing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21