Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Reproduction classic workwear

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
At H&M, look for sweaters with a "L.O.G.G." label. They are much better quality than the others, but they are twice the price as well. I picked up a bunch last year and they are really good.
They currently have a thick shawl cardigan with with corduroy elbow patches that's pretty killer. I think it's around $60.

mattfink

Practically Family
J. Crew has a nice shawl collar on sale (use MUSTSHOP for a discount through the end of today):

http://www.jcrew.com/AST/Navigation...6~15~all~mode+matchallany~~~~~shawl/25891.jsp

Ends up at about $60 with shipping after discount.

Those were a little too "frail" feeling, for my taste. Then again, I'm a bigger guy, and more likely to rip seams!

I'm still regretting this navy, shawl collar sweater from Target last winter... It's KILLING ME, as it's a perfect fall/winter staple! Been trying to find one comparable ever since.

Flat Foot Floey

This should be enough to "pimp" some workshirts
scaled.php

The light ones are also cat eye and have a light greenish color.

Last edited:

Viper Man

Banned
Yes, I have also had decent luck picking up vintage cat eye buttons for fairly cheap. I think I paid about $3.00 for 12 of them. I was able to transform a nice Eddie Bauer chambray shirt I owned into a decent vintage replica just by replacing the buttons.

I am not a tailor by any means but after an hour and a few bourbons, I was pretty happy with the result.

Last edited:

flat-top

Yes, I have also had decent luck picking up vintage cat eye buttons for fairly cheap. I think I paid about $3.00 for 12 of them. I was able to transform a nice Eddie Bauer chambray shirt I owned into a decent vintage replica just by replacing the buttons.

It really does make a huge difference. Particularly when some perfectly good shirts have (GASP) logo buttons!

Flat Foot Floey

Maybe a stupid question but: Are there already repros of repros? Like Thailand copies of Japanese brands or something? I saw some shirts on ebay and just wonder why they are not more expensive.

(Ok, maybe I spoil myself a bargain now. My bad)

Flat Foot Floey

But how can I tell? The fabrics don't look normal to me. I'll send you a PM with the link, if you don't mind. I don't want to blame a seller in public who may be innocent.

mattfink

Practically Family
Those slide show images are interesting Flat-top. I have a Fall 2011 catalog that my wife picked up at the RL store here locally in Detroit. They are supposed to start carrying the RRL there this month I think? It's at Somerset mall if you are in the area.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo