Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Reproduction classic workwear

Feraud

Bartender
I picked up the the Target shawl collar today. Definitely worth $20. Strange that it's on sale considering that it's brand new. Grab it before it's over!
For 20 bucks it's a no brainer.

Here is an another item Target will offer in September.
mens-sweater.jpg

Mr Badger

Practically Family
It's always hard to figure out with them, but this appears to be LVC's current season. I'm diggin' the belt.

It's quite nice but very expensive! You could likely get a nicer custom belt made yourself for the same price... the LVC stuff just got ridiculously expensive, as far as I'm concerned - I mean, it's not as if a lot of it is even brilliant quality anymore... I've got a fair amount of earlier LVC gear - from sweats and jeans to shirts and jackets - but the price has doubled on most items since the relaunch and, if you're gonna pay that kind of moolah (and who can afford it?!?!?), you're better off with one of the tonier US or Japanese brands like eworkers or Rising Sun... just sayin'!

That Penfield jacket I ordered turned up and is very nice fit & quality - the branded buttons and the small leather emblem on the sleeve have got to go, though. Hoping to win some deadstock nickel chore buttons on Ebay tonite, to bring out the 'railroad jacket' style of the design and denim weave... pretty great for £40 in the sale and the waxed finish will be a real boon here in Bath - we're in a valley so if a cloud passes over, well, you can guess! Here's the colour I got, a nice semi-hickory stripe:

sconset_blue_denim_press.jpg

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
My normal pissed off look.:) the shirt is very soft and fits well. It was way off to one side of the men's department on the wall at the bottom.
There was only 5 shirts and one was luckly in my size.

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
H&M in europe has new chambray shirts even with nice details like the pencil thingy on the breast pocket. The shirt comes in grey, blue and red.

I heard the produce under bad conditions in countries like bangladesh though. Don't know about this shirt...maybe I should spend some more and buy somewhere else.

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
d2507325.jpg

223c3e12.jpg

High waisted 1920's cut canvas jeans with fish tail back. Accessorised with leather braces/suspenders. Took time out to photograph this, but my Havanna and Espresso can't be kept waiting Gents, as it's a lovely evening out here :)

Mr Badger

Practically Family
223c3e12.jpg

High waisted 1920's cut canvas jeans with fish tail back.

They're great! Where'd you get 'em? Are they from Old Town? I've really been digging wearing button-on suspenders/braces for the past week or so... I put some NOS tin suspender buttons on a pair of selvedge jeans made, believe it or not, by the trendy Cheap Monday brand that are dead ringers for the hugely expensive Lee 'Cowboy' cinchback model. Got the jeans for $20 off E*ay!

image2xxl.jpg

Mr Badger

Practically Family
Nice score on the Cheap Monday's there Mr. Badger....what's the denim like?

The denim's very nice, actually... hefty but soft, kinda like a slightly slubbed version of the Lee denim from Japan. The selvedge is on the instep side of the leg, too, which I initially found pretty annoying but now think is really cool. They cost me just £15 off Ebay - Sivletto in Sweden still has pairs for £45 sterling/$74 USD, up to a 36 waist. Speaking of which, they're genuinely high-waisted so buy 'em longer if you wanna cuff 'em (or like the ass on your trews baggy as all hell!)... the one mystifying thing is that they've no suspender/brace buttons, but given Cheap Monday's semi-fashionable status (skinny grey jeans - yuk!), I guess it's not in their demographic... I just sewed some NOS buttons on and was set to go...

Some quick pix:

305957_10150758410425471_725635470_20317758_7910267_n.jpg

319426_10150758410660471_725635470_20317760_4242522_n.jpg

311849_10150758410250471_725635470_20317753_5502156_n.jpg

Last edited:

flat-top

H&M in europe has new chambray shirts even with nice details like the pencil thingy on the breast pocket. The shirt comes in grey, blue and red.

I heard the produce under bad conditions in countries like bangladesh though. Don't know about this shirt...maybe I should spend some more and buy somewhere else.

The H&M shirts aren't bad, but they do have that roll-up sleeve button tab thing that I'm not crazy about. They did have a pretty cool banded collar one a few months ago, with cat eye buttons, side gussets and a pencil pocket. I was able to remove the roll-sleeve button pretty easily and undetectably on that one.

Flat Foot Floey

Agreed on the sleeve thingy. I think they have different models at the same time. I bought one not long ago but only with one normal breast pocket and plain long sleeves

Jan

One of the Regulars
Those were a little too "frail" feeling, for my taste. Then again, I'm a bigger guy, and more likely to rip seams!

I'm still regretting this navy, shawl collar sweater from Target last winter... It's KILLING ME, as it's a perfect fall/winter staple! Been trying to find one comparable ever since.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner