Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Reproduction classic workwear

potemkin_city_limits

One of the Regulars
Agreed 100%!!
but when he's not it just looks like every other boring **** at the mall

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

Yea just look at 99% of the Denim & Supply line. Such a huge pile of crap. The odd nice piece makes it through but its mostly just distressed american flag patches on a bunch of ugly stuff.

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Google brown beach vests. They were a brand that is now highly collectable (Japanese love them) and their wool vests had that weave and color. It's recognizable but doesn't have any magic features or something like that.

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
obsession-browns-beach-vests-and-jackets/

photo+(4).JPG

highway66blues

One of the Regulars
TSP13, found this info on Okayama Denim website:

" With a rich history spanning back over a hundred years to 1901, the original Brown's Beach Jacket products were manufactured in Worcester, MA. They were made for general outdoor use, with a fabric called 'Beach Cloth', featuring a special combination of a warm inner wool fleece and a knitted cotton face that is water resistant. Built with the intention of functionality and durability for the hard Northeast winters, Brown's Beach products are deceivingly warm."

Gobble

New in Town
I asked Luxire on styleforum if they were willing to source a similar fabric (browns beach), which they replied that they would given sufficient interest.

I would really like to get a garment or two made from this fabric but I am no able to spend the Japanese rates.

If anyone else is interested it would be good to say so on this board.

Flat Foot Floey

Good luck with that. I may be interested but I doubt they can find something close enough.
I went to fabric fairs myself and this stuff just isn't there. It has to be custom made by a mill

flat-top

Resortes just told me that he's seen it being used on kid's handbags! So it seems that it's probably easily accessible in Japan.
I'd be happy with just enough to get a cap made!

flat-top

The Hill-Side tie, which openly states that it's based on Brown's Beach, officially refers to it as "salt and pepper beach cloth". That may be the way to go rather than strictly searching for "Brown's Beach cloth".

Luxire

Vendor
Good luck with that. I may be interested but I doubt they can find something close enough.
I went to fabric fairs myself and this stuff just isn't there. It has to be custom made by a mill

Finding is tough. We will get it made and will thus have to be a few hundred meters, which we will not run out of in a decade.

Given that the original is dead, found the project interesting and am thus willing to be a part of it.

Probably:
vests at $150 each
Jackets at $250 each
Ties and Caps at $50 each

May be 5 orders per item and we will get this initiated.

We bought an item by RRL in the Brown Beach fabric, which we will use for studying and then recreating the fabric.

Gobble

New in Town
When you say orders do you need official orders on your website or just an expression of interest so that you can initiate the process of getting the fabric?

Luxire

Vendor
When you say orders do you need official orders on your website or just an expression of interest so that you can initiate the process of getting the fabric?

Just a few confirmed orders will give us confidence.

May be, for the first 5 orders in each item, we will keep the price as follows:

vests at $100 each
Jackets at $200 each
Ties and Caps at $35 each

Gobble

New in Town
Just a few confirmed orders will give us confidence.

May be, for the first 5 orders in each item, we will keep the price as follows:

vests at $100 each
Jackets at $200 each
Ties and Caps at $35 each

Sounds good, how would someone make an order considering the fabric isn't on the list?

Luxire

Vendor
Sounds good, how would someone make an order considering the fabric isn't on the list?

A little involved process:

Here. Add the relevant amount to cart. In the "Additional Service Sought" field, one can add the name of the product being ordered like "Vest in Brown Beach fabric, will send details by email later"

When you checkout, you will get an order number. You can then send the order details by email or using Contact Us link on our site by mentioning the order number.

TSP13

Familiar Face
Thanks for the information gents, it's always a pleasure to learn something. Each to his own, the fabric seems useful, but it doesn't seem very appealing to me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ