Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Requesting info on this hat

jamesclark

New in Town
Hi -
I just found this hat and now I've found this board. :) I was wondering if anyone could tell me a little about the hat. I'd like to know what the style may be called, when it dates to, anything you could share with me.

Thanks!
James

IMG_6601.jpg

IMG_6602.jpg

IMG_6604.jpg

IMG_6603.jpg

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
Jamesclark, Unfortunately you need to make 20 posts before you will be allowed to attach photos. Bear with it, we all had to get past that point. By the way, WELCOME!

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
Unfortunatly its not a case of us being able to do something.

The files are likely not made 'public'...you can see them because they are your files on your server...but we can't. Even when I cut and paste them it tells me I do not have permission to view them.

You could try hosting them at someplace like photobucket or flickr....might have an easier time making them public there

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
Okay, I can see it now.

Your hat is from the latter 1960s. Stetson was once a very good brand, though I'm not sure how good by then. Looks like the beaver felt is of fine quality, smooth and dense. The bow's ribbon is an interesting variation of the norm.

This hat was probably meant to be worn with brown or black suits. I'm not sure what the shape is called, but a guy around here named Besdor would know. Enjoy it ... and please feel free to ask more questions, if you'd like.

jamesclark

New in Town
Miss Neecerie said:
Unfortunatly its not a case of us being able to do something.

The files are likely not made 'public'...you can see them because they are your files on your server...but we can't. Even when I cut and paste them it tells me I do not have permission to view them.

You could try hosting them at someplace like photobucket or flickr....might have an easier time making them public there

Thanks Miss Neecerie, I thought the problem was related to the boards. I've turned off the hotlinking protection on the domain so we should be good now?

If not here's photobucket:
http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd315/bdubble/IMG_6601.jpg
http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd315/bdubble/IMG_6602.jpg
http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd315/bdubble/IMG_6603.jpg
http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd315/bdubble/IMG_6604.jpg

Thanks all for your patience.

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Yep- mid to late '60s. Interesting bow, and I can't say I've seen that liner ever before. The brim like that's not all that common a style on here, either. Looks to be good quality, and if you like it, that's all that matters.

fatwoul

Practically Family
Josephine said:
strange, the links work for me...

Erm, the hat is brown with a feather! ;)

Yeah worked for me too. The way the back is so sharply turned up makes it look like a ladies/ hat, but the bow on the left says otherwise.

Nice colour, though, and the feather colours work nicely against the felt, which I have noticed is not always the case.

I'm a newbie, so I don't know anything about the hat, but welcome to Fedora Lounge, jamesclark

duggap

Banned
In the past few months there was a post about hats with that brim in the back. I believe that may have even shown an advertisement. Sorry I don't know how to research that one.[huh]

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Martin Balsam

I always think of fedoras with the very narrow brims, circa 1960, as Martin Balsam hats. Seems he was always wearing a hat like that, whether it was in "Psycho", a Twilight Zone episode or whatever.
TL-MartinBalsam1.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner