Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Restoration Hardware Aviator/Blackhawk series - grand or goofy?

Lefty W.

One of the Regulars
I'm not sure I would look windswept and interesting enough for this stuff, and my rocket backpack is on the blink:p.

I think at the least, you'd have to perpetually walk around wearing a silk scarf, goggles and a leather helmet... not that there's anything wrong with that, mind you...

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Indeed. And they've gone to a look for their furniture and stores that says, to me, Early Belgian Hospital for the Criminally Insane." Or that they moved the prisoners out, hosed the place down, and brought in the furniture. Ghastly. If they go under, they deserved it.

O.K., that's funny right there. It's also pretty descriptive unfortunately.

Later

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Dieselpunk?

-Dave

Sure. I could see both depending on the surrounding decor.

I like a lot of Restoration Hardware, but their pricing isn't for the quality of materials of their lines, its often for the names that 'create' them. They have staples that they have had in rotation for a long time that are pricy, but thats because they are quality pieces.
Besides, I wouldn't want a whole room of that stuff. What would be the point? It would loose its pop if everything were of that metal. Is that real metal or pressed woodboard metal?

LD

Last edited:

Lefty W.

One of the Regulars
And they've gone to a look for their furniture and stores that says, to me, "Early Belgian Hospital for the Criminally Insane." Or that they moved the prisoners out, hosed the place down, and brought in the furniture.

I kinda like that "institutional" look. Makes one's home a bit inhospitable, as it were, to discourage long-term stays by relatives.;)

When it comes to furniture for home or office I find that there are designs that look great or interesting but it loses it's charm when it is actually uncomfortable. Also, there is a certain starkness in how the aircraft stuff and other things are displayed as if they aren't actually to be used just viewed.

That is fine for some people, I have friends whose parents had museums instead of a living room, no one was supposed to use that room except for super special occasions. I think it came from a Neil Simon play, we joked about bringing in the velvet ropes to cordon off the room and referred to my friend's mom as the "curator."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy