Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Restoration Hardware Aviator Collection

Gray Ghost

A-List Customer
I stepped into the Restoration Hardware Store at the mall in Raleigh, NC and found that they had an Aviator Collection of furniture. I can never afford this place but I do like going in and getting ideas and do a little dreaming. I saw the desk and fell in love. It is made to look like a wing of an airplane and the chair is done up with an aviation style to it as well. The chair is called the spitfire. There is another chair that is based on the cockpit of a WWII fighter plane. I would love to have this one to go with my flight simulator. After seeing this collection, I am ready to start on my man cave and do a 30 and 40's aviation theme to the room. I have attached a link to this section of the store. Hope yall enjoy and if you feel the gratitude of me doing this, I will be very happy to receive the desk as a thank you from all you fine folks.

http://www.restorationhardware.com/...ategoryId=cat520016&link=TheAviatorCollection

HodgePodge

One of the Regulars
I don't know if you've heard of them before, but you should look at MotoArt, if only to day-dream a little. Their stuff isn't made to look like it's an airplane wing/cowling/fuselage section, it IS a wing/cowling/fuselage section. They have office chairs made out of F-4 and B-52 ejector seats, a desk made out of a B-25 wing section, and even had some old fighter-jet windscreens. They don't list prices, so one time - knowing full well that it was an "if you have to ask, you can't afford it" situation - I requested a price quote; needless to say their stuff is on the list of "things I will never own."

Gray Ghost

A-List Customer
Yeah I know. I can dream though. It has given me an idea about making my own desk from a junked wing. I could strip the paint and polish it or paint it up to look like a wing from a WWII fighter plane. Do OD on top and gray on bottom. It could make a fun project.

=GG=

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Hope yall enjoy and if you feel the gratitude of me doing this, I will be very happy to receive the desk as a thank you from all you fine folks.
Oh, great idea!

I just discovered this store called Tiffany! Ever hear of the place? Well, they have such wonderful jewelry...... if you were never aware of their existence and now feel even a small sense of gratitude towards me , I will be very happy to receive ................

hopediamond1.jpg

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
I don't know if you've heard of them before, but you should look at MotoArt, if only to day-dream a little. Their stuff isn't made to look like it's an airplane wing/cowling/fuselage section, it IS a wing/cowling/fuselage section. They have office chairs made out of F-4 and B-52 ejector seats, a desk made out of a B-25 wing section, and even had some old fighter-jet windscreens. They don't list prices, so one time - knowing full well that it was an "if you have to ask, you can't afford it" situation - I requested a price quote; needless to say their stuff is on the list of "things I will never own."

In Los Angeles, on Wilshire Boulevard near La Brea, there's a landmark Art Deco building (now used as a "rent-an-office" venue). Its receptionist desk --an enormous thing-- was made by MotoArt out of a cockpit. You can see it from behind in this link: http://www.thedecobuilding.com/deco-photo-gallery.html

resortes805

Call Me a Cab
I really dig this collection. There is another thread on the FL somewhere where people show real disdain for it, but i like it.

Fly Boy

One of the Regulars
I really like that desk. Would be a real statement in my study!

I may have to get in touch with my pal who works down at the Shipyards. He claims he could make me anything out of metal - I'll have to see!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo